PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/)
-   -   SAn Antonio, Texas - IPMS Model Fiesta (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/18157-san-antonio-texas-ipms-model-fiesta.html)

milenio3 01-29-2012 11:55 PM

SAn Antonio, Texas - IPMS Model Fiesta

Now that I'm a member of the San Antonio Alamo Squadron model club, I'm pleased to invite all modelers to the 31st Model Fiesta in San Antonio, Texas.

Date: February, 18th, 2012.
Place: Live Oak Civic Center
8101 Pat Booker Road, Live Oak, Texas

Visit our website Alamo Squadron between now
and the contest for latest information, scheduled special events, and
demonstrations.

No paper model category as of today, but I'm still talking to the president of the club to open it. If not, we'll fit in the miscellaneous, as usual.

milenio3 02-03-2012 12:14 PM

Last night, by request, I gave a little talk about paper modeling to the San Antonio Alamo Squadron IPMS modeling club.

My better half was kind enough to record me on video. I uploaded to YouTube for all to check.

I prepared a PowerPoint presentation to give the speech. I used many pictures not credited (there are too many) from modelers of PM.com. for that I apologize.

In that same note, I want to make a remark: On the first video, 7:10 minutes on it, you can see a photo of one of our modelers in this forum, with a giant NASA capsule. I mentioned that you can print your PDF files as large as your budget allows it. Now, I forgot to add the modeler's name on my speech and on the video.
Please please, if you know this gentleman's name, I'd like to have his approval to leave his photograph on the video... If I don't hear from him, I'm afraid I had to trim the video.

Anyway, in this video I tried a little to open the world to paper modeling to the IPMS brothers.

Not sure if YouTube embedded code works. So here's the link:
Paper Modeling - An Introduction part 1 of 6 - YouTube

3Turner 02-03-2012 01:18 PM

Great job Gerardo.....I watched them all. You made a good presentation.

Hurry and upload part 6...I want to finish. LOL!

eatcrow2 02-03-2012 03:22 PM

That was great!!! Very well presented, and I'm looking forward to the updates.

RyanShort 02-03-2012 03:54 PM

Nice job!

Ryan

cMags 02-03-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Turner (Post 268498)
Great job Gerardo.....I watched them all. You made a good presentation.

Hurry and upload part 6...I want to finish. LOL!

I agree! ;)

ultra 02-04-2012 10:23 AM

u did more than a great job

looking forward to part 6

ultra stone

Don Boose 02-04-2012 10:46 AM

Great work, Gerardo! It's nice to see you in action. I'll be you have recruited a lot of new paper model builders.

I have watched Greg Perry do this at IPMS meetings and its always fun and educational to see.

Don

Texman 02-04-2012 11:02 AM

I've done this with my IPMS club (no where near as hi tech and polished as yours Gerardo) but by doing a demo as well, they were surprised how much can go into a really detailed model.

A very well done presentation Gerardo!

milenio3 02-04-2012 02:24 PM

Thank you very much all for your kind words!

I'm flattered. You guys rock!!

Now, anyone knows about the gentleman in the 7.10 minute of the video? I really want to give credit to him.

PS Uploading part 6 now.