PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Thumbs up Gathering in Beijing...

Cardmodelers in Beijing had a great day on 20th September: it was the biggest gathering of cardmodel(er)s in Mainland so far. There had been reportedly more than 30 people and some have traveled from as far as Taiwan for this. The meeting was intended to be held in August but was delayed due to restrictions from the Olympics. (Otherwise I would have been there!:o Still I did manage to mail some models to the meeting)

On the event itself, apart from showing off models, the senior members of the community gave talks and presentations to broaden the cardmodel knowledge, and a reporter from BTV was invited to take a short documentary hopefully to be shown on airwaves:D. There will be another meeting in Shanghai in a few days, held for modelers from Southern China. Models from all categories were displayed, surprisingly enough, Gundam models outnumbered military models in this meeting, mainly due to the difficulty of transporting large-scale ships and aircraft models. Pitifully Leo's RC Challenger didn't show up either. But apart from those... It was still a very impressive show! Go check the pictures ^^
??2008-920???????????? - ??????? - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!
and a video:
????2008?920???? - ?? - ???? - ???? - cardmodel

Last edited by Lex; 09-21-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks, Lex. It's great to see other paper modelers gathering to share their models and spreading the word. Looks like a fine collection of models.

Don
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I find this post very comforting. It really is great seeing all the people of the world doing the same thing. One big family. I am terribly interested in China and would love to see more about what the people do there. Enough with the governments.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Thanks for the link Lex! Those were some great looking models. I love how worldly this hobby is.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 AM

Zathros, it's a tradition for Chinese families to pause domestic matters for preparing a visit by a friend, we aren't blaming the administration for anything :P

Updated: More pictures on the forum, and another longer video here
?????? - ?? - ???? - ???

Translated some more detailed info...
=================================================

Peter Chen, a cardmodel maker and dealer based both in Beijing and Taiwan. Many purchased their original kits through him. His builds:
1/1200 Titanic - ????????(Completed Entries) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!
1/100 Digital Navy LillaWeneda??????????? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!

Leo, best known for his RC-Challenger, but also builds in other fields:
1?33 Halinski F-16 ?? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!

The Bang Doll model(s) were designed by Tang, who was not able to come to the meeting himself. Nevertheless his designs were widely known and two modelers have brought them to the stage.

The Su-34 and the as-yet unfinished USS Heerman was built by Wind, as the name suggests specializes in aircraft models.
1:33Halinski-bf109f4?????????? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!
1?48Halinski?F14????? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!
[CPM-1] ??1:200 Halinski Uss Heermann??? 9?17??? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!
The F-16 in the above picture was built by Leo.
The JSC Pharos was built by Demon, specializing in ships.
1:200 GPM 256 Leberecht Maass Z1???????·????Z1???? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!
The plane at the bottom-left corner is was my teeny-tiny J10...

The tallest figure, Chikage, was built by Wind's wife, --who is a cardmodeler in her own right! (In fact the two got together simply because of this hobby~~~ XD)
The figures on the lower left was designed and made by two other ladies, who is commercializing the model to be sold in anime-themed shops.
[The M'Gakuen Aru on the back was again by me]

I don't know a lot of the Gundam guys, but the biggest model of all, the Predator was designed and built by Yingren. And the Strike Noir Gundam was again designed by Tang.

The person giving the presentation is Vicar, as the name suggests he is the kind of "godfather" in the community. Frequently travels to Europe to buy kits and sell them in China. Also promotes the Chinese community for internatinal recognition. Builds:
1:400 JSC WILLIFT EAGLE 4/? ????????? - ?????????(Contruction Reports) - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!

Peter showing an original JSC kit, to some this would be their first sight at an original copy. --Hey we're doing at least something against piracy here :D
================================================== ===========
I think I shall refrain from writing any more propaganda here... The Shanghai meeting is set to take place on 18th Oct, I will be writing another report on that as well.

Last edited by Lex; 09-22-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Hey Lex,

The Predator model, is that a game mesh rip?

great job to the builder

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 AM

This I'd have to double check with him in PM. Even if it's a rip, he did not release the model onto public domain as far as I know. --But the size DID exceed my expectations...

Last edited by Lex; 09-22-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
How tall is the model?

looks almost like the Terminator model in size from a few years ago
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM

It's 1/4 the size of a man... --At least. I can't say it's bigger than the terminator though...
Old 10-19-2008, 05:21 AM

Shanghai meeting photos here:

2008.10.18 ?????? - ??????? - cardmodel.cn ????Papermodel?Cardmodel?3Dcard?3D?? - Powered by Discuz!

Much less military subjects so I shall refrain from reporting...
Google Adsense