PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I was hoping to be there myself but couldn't due to other commitments. Hopefully I can attend next year and maybe even have a stand selling card kits. It's great to see the card modeling "niche" is slowly but surely pushing it's way into the traditional modeling world.

My galleries
Old 02-02-2009, 06:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks to all for the photos. It's always great to see these gatherings, to get a glimpse of the modelers, and to see the wide array of paper models on display.

Looks like it was a great event.

Don
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Very cool! Good to see a nice collection of F1 cars there. Having given Claudio's McLaren a shot a while back, those models are surprisingly complex for their size and number of parts - looks like those came out very well!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 469.82 MB
First I would like to give a big thank you to Mike and the guys for the welcome I received and for allowing me to display my Formula 1's as well as the few aircraft that I had in the box. Hopefully, if I'm allowed back next year I will bring something even better. There are 60's F1 cars produced by Forum, if I can bring myself to actually cutting one of these superb kits or maybe a 1/18th scale Lotus 77. I may also try to finish one or two aircraft projects that have been sitting around for a while, wife permitting. Still, I have a whole year! This was the first time I have displayed anything and the bug has bitten.
I am sorry that I missed Lex, I want to make his Comet and a chat would have been helpful, maybe next year.
dansls1- thankyou for your comments.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite View Post
First I would like to give a big thank you to Mike and the guys for the welcome I received and for allowing me to display my Formula 1's as well as the few aircraft that I had in the box. Hopefully, if I'm allowed back next year I will bring something even better. There are 60's F1 cars produced by Forum, if I can bring myself to actually cutting one of these superb kits or maybe a 1/18th scale Lotus 77. I may also try to finish one or two aircraft projects that have been sitting around for a while, wife permitting. Still, I have a whole year! This was the first time I have displayed anything and the bug has bitten.
I am sorry that I missed Lex, I want to make his Comet and a chat would have been helpful, maybe next year.
dansls1- thankyou for your comments.
No problem - feel free to share more pictures or a build thread for any of the new builds!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:15 AM

I would also like to add my thanks to all those who put on the display and to those who provided some of their models for the display.

I dropped a few freebies off so hopefully someone has taken one or two away and will join the ranks of the paper modeler.

Cheers JTF
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM

May I say what an enjoyable day it was at the Show. It was really great to meet up with other 'paper minded' souls. It would be super if Nemesis7485 (UK Paper Models) was to be able to attend next year and bring alone his stock of paper kits. Judging by the comments I overheard from people seeing paper models for the first time I think there could be a lot of new 'recruits' to be had.

Thanks Mike for bringing the show to our attention.

Malc
Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thank you all for your comments, I am pleased that you had a good day. As you will have seen, we are very restricted for space - perhaps I should slow down and make fewer models!

If these notes have inspired you to display your models, you may like to do what I did some years ago.

I went to Google and typed in IPMS then went to the section on events, chose the one closest to home and contacted the organisers. Perhaps I was lucky but the MK club were pleased to have us there. I then sent a note to one of the card lists and invited others to join me Again I was lucky because Roger Pattenden and David Hathaway said they were interested.

If you are worried about the time - then don't ! The club does all the work and all I have to do is confirm each year that we will be attending and let the others know.

Each year I ask for additional space but each year we get the same number and as you will see from the pictures, we managed to overflow the tables we were allotted.

So, take up the challenge and see if you can get into a show and beat us for the number of models on display ;-))

Cheers

MikeS
Old 02-09-2009, 05:46 AM

Hi Malc,

I really hope I can make it to next year's show. As you know, UKPM is relatively new so it's taking some time to build momentum. Hopefully I'll be in a position to attend with a stand by then. I'm aiming at attending some shows this Summer if i can, such as the Shropshire Model Show at RAF Cosford in April, but that is by no means definate yet. It all depends on how the online store performs between now and then as to whether I can buy sufficient stock. At the moment I have kits from Modelik, Halinski, Der Kampfflieger and sometime this week I should have WAK, too but none of it in huge numbers. I'll keep you posted, though

My galleries

Last edited by Nemesis7485; 02-09-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Very good!! Nice that paper modeling is getting into more shows!
Google Adsense