PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Free model

I know that would get your attention.

The next meeting of the IPMS-OC is on February 20th and all paper modelers are invited to attend. The meeting starts at 7:30 PM and is located in the La Quinta Inn and Suites at 3 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623. .
Several paper modelers will be showing their latest models and works in progress. A trophy is awarded for the best paper model so bring in your favorite model you could be taking a trophy home. Your model does not have to be the latest Halinski with 7000 parts Bob Penikas shows FG models admittedly very well done and often takes the trophy home. For new comers if you take first place I will be giving a paper model away most likely an AFV or a ship. I will also be showing my latest purchases The AWD Steyr/Pak 40 and the Halinski Wespe.

Lets see here we have a free model, a trophy, meeting a bunch of paper modelers, maybe getting an answer to a problem you are having building a model, I can't think of a reason for not going.

If you have any questions PM me.

Jim Nunn
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Sneaky, well, I am a IPMS member but unfortunately I live in Vegas, now if you could arrange to shift that meeting over to Treasure Island or perhaps the Bellagio....

My only problem with getting to attend the local meetings here is the fact they hold them on Tuesdays, one of two days a week that I have to be up at 3:15 AM for work, wah! Oh well, I get to live vicariously through the internet sites and bi monthly magazine.

How did you like the Okole Maluka Decal they included in this last issue? I now have a reason to break out my old Revell P 47 kit and spring for some PE.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Sweet deal! If I still lived in Upland, Jim, you and I could've carpooled to the meeting. I'm a bit farther off now.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Haven't been able to make meetings regularly since I moved over to Phoenix. Say hello to Don Drummer and Steve Munroe for me.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 AM

too bad I'm from nj
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I attended my first meeting of the Georgia Mountain Modelers (IPMS) and was warmly received with my paper model of Notre Dame Cathedral.

If you are near an IPMS club, I cannot recommend enough that you join both the local club, but also, the national organization, too.