PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 11-13-2015, 08:45 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
i would if i could
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Aw shoot Rick, build 'em all!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Are you going to make a space themed version of Murph's Mojave? I saw that sitting back there.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:12 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
Are you going to make a space themed version of Murph's Mojave? I saw that sitting back there.
as Coach Andy Reid is fond of saying, "Ahhh, No"
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 11-13-2015, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I might. Convert the engine pods into rockets, remove the rotors, add fins every where...voila, instant space freighter.
Google Adsense
Old 11-20-2015, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
@elliott - Well, as you've opened that can of worms, would Little Rock be to far for you?

I know there are about 10 of us in/around the D/FW to Mississippi to Atlanta area.

Might be an idea for us in this area.
Would be great to assemble this region. We might even call it "IPMC Region 2"... or "FSPM Region 2".

I'd prefer summer, since kids are out of school.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
It's doable. Doc won't let me drive anymore so have to coordinate schedules w my chauffeur. Were you thinking of Little Rock vs Memphis because of cost Ray?
Old 12-22-2015, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
IPMC 2016 New Dates

Greetings all,

Unfortunately, we've already had to make a change to the IPMC 2016 plans: it looks like the dates will actually be 28-30 October 2016, not 21-23 October as previously announced. We should have this locked in with the hotel before New Years', and I'll make a definitive announcement as soon as we do. Sorry for the bait-and-switch; I hope that this won't disrupt anyone's plans too much.

I'm already looking forward to all those space models! The new dates will be right before Halloween, so we might see that as a secondary theme.

Happy holidays, Peter A.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 419.23 MB
Nobody mentioned New England. We have Beantown and plenty of attractions there. I'm about an hour N-NW of there, and commute down three days a week. We have nautical attractions, the Museum of Science, and lots of other things. I'd be willing to *help* in planning it, but that's only *after* someone who's been to the Virginia one steps up.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
2016 IPMC Awards Rules

INTERNATIONAL PAPER MODELERS' CONVENTION (IPMC) 2016 AWARDS

INTENT: The primary purpose of the International Paper Modelers' Convention is the enjoyment and promotion of the art and craft of paper model design and building; the sharing of wisdom, tips, and techniques; the trading of stories about the craft and its artisans; and the sharing of camaraderie and good fellowship. Awards are bestowed in that spirit.

Awards will be made in the following categories:

PEOPLE'S CHOICE: The People’s Choice Award will be presented to the model voted "best" by all of the visitors and participants. A small card with a number printed on it will be placed by each model. Every person who walks through the door will be given a ballot to register an opinion as to the model they think is best by whatever criteria they choose. The model with the most votes wins.

THEME CATEGORY: SPACE, REAL AND IMAGINED- What do Buck Rogers, Chesley Bonestell, NASA, The Martian, Lembaga Antariksa dan Penerbangan Nasional, Virgin Galactic, and Brewster Rocket have in common? They all involve space, real and imagined. Any model that portrays any aspect of space and space flight - real, projected, or fictional - meets the criteria. The Awards Committee has the final say.

BEST TABLE DISPLAY: Prizes will be awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed, and overall impression.

MOST UNUSUAL MODEL: Eye appeal and artisanship count, of course, but this one is entirely subjective, and one award, with one prize, will be determined by the abstruse, enigmatic, and arcane Awards Committee.

GREG PERRY SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOW’S EAR AWARD: Endowed by Greg Perry. One award to the best build of a "bad" kit. “Bad” meaning poor paper, ill-fitting parts, and other challenges.

AWARDS COMMITTEE SPECIAL AWARDS (ACSAs): The Awards Committee will make a number of awards for categories to be announced at the time of the awards ceremony. These awards are intended to recognize contributions to the paper modeling craft and to the IPMC, leavened by good humor and fellowship.

DON BOOSE, ANNE MCCOMBS, RICK STEFFERS, LIL BOOSE
and ALAN WHEELER (EMERITUS) - IPMC 2016 AWARDS COMMITTEE

Image: Beta Lyrae system from an airless planet, after the painting by Chesley Bonestell. Reimagined by OperaJoeGreen in PhotoShop using geometry tools and fragments of public domain landform images. This image may be freely used. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesley_Bonestell#/media/File:Beta_Lyrae_Reconstruction.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
2016 International Paper Model Convention-800px-beta_lyrae_reconstruction.jpg  
Google Adsense