PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 07-04-2017, 04:38 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef

Just 4 months to go

What are you building for display?
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-04-2017, 05:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I got a Saladin finished?

Whats the theme this year? I forget.

If I show up, I might just bring the KoolWheelz collection since its getting so big
and its a lot easier to pack and transport.
The Border inspections are getting too intense.
I already had models damaged once.

But I got a lot of fundraising to do, or else I won't be able to afford the trip.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The theme is tanks and tankers, but the KoolWheelz collection would be most welcome.

Here are the official rules:

INTERNATIONAL PAPER MODELERS' CONVENTION (IPMC) 2017 AWARDS

INTENT: The primary purpose of the International Paper Modelers' Convention is the enjoyment and promotion of the art and craft of paper model design and building; the sharing of wisdom, tips, and techniques; the trading of stories about the craft and its artisans; and the sharing of camaraderie and good fellowship. Awards are bestowed in that spirit.

Awards will be made in the following categories:

PEOPLE'S CHOICE: The People’s Choice Award will be presented to the model voted "best" by all of the visitors and participants. A small card with a number printed on it will be placed by each model. Every person who walks through the door will be given a ballot to register an opinion as to the model they think is best by whatever criteria they choose. The model with the most votes wins.

THEME CATEGORY - TANKS AND TANKERS: George S. Patton, Jr.; SS Pendleton; the Renault FT; Esso gasoline trucks; the 20-mule-team borax wagon; a jail holding cell for miscreants; the briefing room of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff; and the Pearl Harbor oil facility: all “tanks and tankers.” Use your imagination to come up with an innovative model or set of models that fit this broad definition. The Awards Committee has the final say on what constitutes a “tank” or “tanker.”

BEST TABLE DISPLAY: Prizes will be awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed, and overall impression.

MOST UNUSUAL MODEL: Eye appeal and artisanship count, of course, but this one is entirely subjective, and one award, with one prize, will be determined by the sempiternal and inscrutable Awards Committee.

GREG PERRY SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOW’S EAR AWARD: Endowed by Greg Perry. One award to the best build of a "bad" kit. “Bad” meaning poor paper, ill-fitting parts, and other challenges.

AWARDS COMMITTEE SPECIAL AWARDS (ACSAs): The Awards Committee will make a number of awards for categories to be announced at the time of the awards ceremony. These awards are intended to recognize contributions to the paper modeling craft and to the IPMC, leavened by good humor and fellowship.

DON BOOSE, ANNE MCCOMBS, RICK STEFFERS, LIL BOOSE
and ALAN WHEELER (EMERITUS) - IPMC 2017 AWARDS COMMITTEE
Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 705.2 KB
IPMC 2017 free model

I've just posted a new free model to the website for the upcoming International Paper Modelers Convention. In keeping with the theme, its a simple tank model in 1:72 scale. Hope you all enjoy it! International Paper Modelers Convention

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-tankphoto-copy.jpg  
Old 08-31-2017, 11:58 AM

Gee, tanks, Matt!

Looks good. I'll give it a try.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2017, 07:28 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I'm on the fence. I love the theme, I have a bunch of tank models that I could display, and I've never participated in this convention. The great time I've had at USAHEC events makes me want to go, but the driving time/distance (a little over 5 hours) and the total cost makes me want to just stay home and build. As a first timer I would get a small break on the cost of registration (which seems steep, but it does include a buffet on Fri night, and a banquet on Sat night). The special room rate of $79 a night is a great deal, but after taxes and fees, we're really talking $100 a night - for two nights. If anyone else is undecided due to the price tag, and wouldn't mind sharing a non-smoking room with 2 doubles to save a little money, PM me. It might make the difference for both of us.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Will we have dealers at the convention?

Thanks
John
Old 09-03-2017, 12:40 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Yes, Peter Heesch will be there, there might be others, I think Peter Ansoff can speak to that better
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-03-2017, 12:41 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

and if you stay through dinner, we can help relieve you of more of your money during the auction that follows
Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 PM

One of the high points of the auction is always watching to see how many times Steve Brown (one of the auctioneers) bids against himself.

Don
Google Adsense