PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 11-05-2017, 06:48 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Dave,

Koolwheelz are your niche. Google up "fish cars".

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Plymouth Barracuda, Opel Manta, AMC Marlin, AMT Piranha . . .

Pixar Car Toons Mater in Scuba Gear.

Amphicar, VW Schwimmwagen, Hydra Spyder, Spira4U, DUKW . . .

Yellow Submarine

And then there are airplanes named for fish . . .
Old 11-05-2017, 10:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
koolwheelz my niche?
aw, dont say that.
so much for all the effort I put into my PT Boat and my Centurion and my Saladin and my aircraft models...
I honestly thought those were my work of note.
koolwheelz are for fun and a bit of a joke to be honest.

don't worry about it guys.
I can focus on something else other than the theme.

lets see some photos from the show!

Last edited by airdave; 11-05-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:02 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Sorry Dave. I wasn't trying to diminish your other works or other high quality models. They are still some of my favorites.

I was merely trying to say that the koolwheelz are your own "special" area, and was
trying to give you some jump start on a possible idea.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-06-2017, 09:55 AM

As you say, Dave, there is no requirement to display models on the theme, but we are also looking for innovative ways participants interpret the theme - remember Linda Kemp's "fish tank" in the "unarmed tracks" category? Which you may recall you won with Little Willie.

OBTW, at least one PT boat was converted to a fishing vessel: PT-657

Photos coming later today.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-2013_fishtank.jpg   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-pt657-malahini.jpg  

Last edited by Don Boose; 11-06-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 11-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Group Image by Jack Colin

Left to Right: Harry Fry, Jim Baker, Pete Heesch, Greg Perry, Kevin Stephens, Don Boose, Lil Boose, John Glessner, Steve Brown, Linda Kemp, Roger Griffith, Jack Colin (kneeling), Anne McCombs, Russ Haigh, Bill Kastenmeier, Don Weeks, Peter Ansoff, Alan Wheeler, Scott Reinmann, Rev Thomas Davies Clay, Matt Vance .

This one taken by Jack Colin. More images from my camera tonight.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-jack_colin_group_picr.jpg  
Old 11-07-2017, 03:06 PM

Initial Images

Here’s an initial batch of images. Mostly general shots of the event. Later tonight I will post more, including close ups of models.

Images 1-3: Peter opened the proceedings on Saturday morning with an update on the event and plans for next year. Rev. Thomas Clay told us about the exhibit of his cathedral models at Catholic University. I gave a brief report on the two paper modeling events at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center earlier this year and announced the next Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event on 20-21 May 2018.

Image 4: Anne McCombs and Stephen Marshall prepare to welcome the visitors. Anne: “Help me Obi-Wan Kenobie! You’re my only hope.”

Visitors begin to arrive. Image 5, Left to right: visitor, partially obscured Jim Baker, John Glessner, visitor, Don Weeks, Scott Reinmann, Steve Brown, Russ Haigh, Bill Kastenmeier, visitor, Peter Ansoff.

Image 6: Two visitors, Jack Colin (in flat cap), Peter, John Glessner, Scott Reinmann, Russ Haigh.

Image 7: The exhibit by our Nigerian member, Badru Akeem.

Image 8: Bill Kastenmeier, Jim Baker, and Anne McCombs talk with visitors who are admiring the Jim Baker Collection.

Image 9: The Scott Reinmann Space Craft Collection (with part of the Kevin Stephens Tank Collection to the left). Scott in the foreground, Don Weeks, Anne McCombs, and Bill Kastenmeier in the background.

Image 10: Another shot of Scott’s satellites (last year’s Best Table Display winner) with the backs of John Glessner and Bill Kastenmeier, some visitors, and a glimpse of Jim Baker’s display.

More later,

Don
Attached Thumbnails
2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_01.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_02.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_03.jpg   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_04.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_05.png  

2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_06.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_07.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_08.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_09.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-ipmc17_10.png  

Old 11-07-2017, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Did someone say fish? Count me in!

Curt
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Looks like a good time had by one and all.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Awards

1. PEOPLE'S CHOICE: Every participant and every person who walked through the door was given a ballot and asked to vote for the model they liked best by whatever criteria they choose. The model with the most votes won. Kevin Stephens's Dragon Wagon.

2. THEME CATEGORY - TANKS AND TANKERS: Modelers were asked to use their imagination to come up with an innovative model or set of models that fit this broad definition. Roger Griffith's Panzer V Panther Tank

3. BEST TABLE DISPLAY: Prize was awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed, and overall impression. In this case, the best table display also followed the theme. Don Weeks's Tank Collection

4. MOST UNUSUAL MODEL: Eye appeal and artisanship count, of course, but this one is entirely subjective. Greg Perry's Kalinin Phoenix.

5. GREG PERRY SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOW’S EAR AWARD: Endowed by Greg Perry. One award to the best build of a "bad" kit. “Bad” meaning poor paper, ill-fitting parts, and other challenges. Jack Colin's Raiders of the Lost Ark Flying Wing

6 and 7. AWARDS COMMITTEE SPECIAL AWARDS (ACSAs): The Awards Committee traditionally make a number of awards for categories that are announced at the time of the awards ceremony. These awards are intended to recognize contributions to the paper modeling craft and to the IPMC, leavened by good humor and fellowship. This year, the co-winners were Linda Kemp and Jack Colin for the Best Misinterpretation of the Theme.

More images to come.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-01_kevin_stephens-peoples_choice.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-02_roger_griffith-best_theme_model.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-03_don_weeks-best_table_display.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-04_greg_perry-most_unusual.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-05_jack_colin-greg_perry_silk_purse_out_of_a_sows_ear.png  

2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-06_linda_kemp-co-winner_best-misinterpretation_of_the_theme.png   2017 International Paper Modelers' Convention-07_jack_colin-co-winner_best-misinterpretation_of_the_theme.jpg  
Google Adsense