PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 03-19-2017, 04:07 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Sure seems they have a lot if issues. If they outright didn't want anything other than plastic kits, they should say so when you go to register.
A few months back I went to a local meeting of the IPMS here in the NYC area, and brought the subject up about paper models. I got quite a mixed review. Some seemed more than open armed to welcome paper into the realm, but others were downright set against it. I was actually told, it's I PEE M S the P stands for PLASTIC. Nothing more. Nasty SOB! To say the least I left and haven't returned.
So I guess it's not just a north of the boarder thing. Seems even club members can't agree on allowing paper into the picture. Oh well, I'll just stay on my side of the fence and not worry about it.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
Unhappy The original IPMS

I am one of the first 50 members of IPMS/USA since 1963 and always had good luck, but since I started paper modeling in 1972 have not been directly involved but local Canton,Ohio chapter were nice and even liked paper models i think it is a local thing, so please do not generalize have had good experience with attendance of 2 of our group meeting from the first to last year , but have had bad experience with some people on this blog,so explain!! A modeler since high school/1950s, but now am in love with paper, no smell from glue or paint and my wife still loves me after 50 years of old dusty models!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Bearing something unexpected, I’ll be coming to Hamilton too. The same problem with the table though, way too late to get one. And since I don’t have any completed paper models for the competition I’ll be there just to admire other people master pieces.

BTW Isaac did you see the latest Maly Modelarz...? It’s Mig-29. When I was at Starsky they only had one copy left, now sold out...

Darius
Old 03-20-2017, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLab View Post
Bearing something unexpected, I’ll be coming to Hamilton too. The same problem with the table though, way too late to get one. And since I don’t have any completed paper models for the competition I’ll be there just to admire other people master pieces.

BTW Isaac did you see the latest Maly Modelarz...? It’s Mig-29. When I was at Starsky they only had one copy left, now sold out...

Darius
Darius

I talked to them about a table back when we first met a few months ago. So it was not really too late. They just don't want to deal with paper models at all. I even asked for a display only table ( non competition ).

Regarding the Mig, I did not go to Starsky, so I did not know they had this kit. Do you know if they are ordering more? If not, that is OK since I have many models waiting to be built.

Hopefully I will see you at the show on Sunday.

Isaac
Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Any idea what the spectator entry cost is for the event?
I'm just curious about admission prices.

I can't find anything on their new website about prices.
Not even for Vendors or Exhibitors.
Maybe an oversight on their part (with the newer website)?
Or, do they just not want to reveal the costs? lol
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2017, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Isaac I’ll bring that Mig to Hamilton.
Dave, general admission is around 10 bucks. Sorry I don’t recall exact amount.

A few years back I remember meeting a guy from Ottawa with several 1/200 paper ships in big display cases there. He had like 3 tables only for himself and ships were for display only.

Something must have changed since...

Darius
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
$10 to see a Museum I have already seen and a plastic show that I am not interested in?...plus Fuel.

Bigger problem for me is... I'll spend way too much in their overpriced Cafeteria,
and buy something from a vendor that I really don't need! LOL

I think I might have to miss this one...although it would have been nice to get together for a chat.
We need to sit down and sort out a proper Canadian Paper Model Meet.
Hmmm....I wonder if the Air Cadet Hall at the Waterloo Airport is available for another show?
I'll look into that.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM

Darius

Thanks, I'll see you at the show.

Dave, Gary, (and anyone else within a couple of hours drive ) come on down as well, we can jabber about the next paper get together.

I want to see if we can do it before July since I may be relocating to my next assignment after that ( nothing definitive nor planned, but I have a feeling ).

Isaac
Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 PM

Exclamation It's tomorrow

Tomorrow is the eventful day for the Canadian Heritage Con in Hamilton Ontario.

I will be there in the morning minus any models to enter. It will be a bummer, but I will be enjoying the plastic entries as well as the full scale planes.

Hope to see some of the paper modelers there.

Isaac
Old 03-26-2017, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
You need to hand carry a nice paper model and work the fact that it is mostly paper into every conversation you can.
Google Adsense

Tags
get together, israel, meeting, toronto