PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 04-03-2017, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
It was great seeing everyone as well as meeting some new friends. I look forward to Armed Forces Day in May. I'll try to post a few of the photos I took tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:41 AM

Here are a few of the photos I took…

John Glessner’s exhibit is just as nice as his amazing models. I’m hoping someday he will build one of my B-17s.

Anne McCombs and Lil Boose’s cats and other miscellaneous critters.

Roger Griffiths Panther is coming along nicely.

Jack Colin’s Russian battleship Oslava. The ill-fated voyage and destruction of the Russian Baltic fleet at the Battle of Tsushima has always fascinated me, so seeing this model was a bonus for me.
Attached Thumbnails
1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-1s.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-2s.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-3s.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-8s.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-7s.jpg  

Old 04-04-2017, 06:43 AM

And a few more...

Rev. Thomas Davies Clay’s European cathedrals. Thomas and his wife Kathleen told me they have visited all of these cathedrals. I was so envious! Gothic cathedrals are another interest of mine.

Kevin Stephens’s table. Maybe he’ll get the Dragon Wagon done in time for Armed Forces Day?

And now for a shameless plug. This will be released in the next couple of weeks, my take on the famous B-17G “A Bit O’ Lace”.
Attached Thumbnails
1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-6s.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-pm-4-1-9s.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-bit-o-lace_s.jpg  
Old 04-04-2017, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for these additional images and commentary, John. Much appreciated.

The artwork on your models is incredible.

Don
Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Here are a few more pics that my buddy Mark Norman took. #1 A closeup of Kevin Stephens' M26 Dragon Wagon. Mark has updated his Facebook page with a short account of the trip, and from the comments, this photo is blowing the collective minds of the plastic armor folks. #2 After I heard his story, I donated my FG Huey model to this gentleman to be passed on to an ailing member (and ex Huey dust off pilot) of his Vietnam Veteran's group. #3 An overall shot of John Dell's impressive display. #4 A closeup of a beautiful waterline ship modeled by Jack Colin. #5 A closeup of Roger Griffith's 2001 Space Odyssey shuttle (another "I can't believe that's made from paper") model. #6 An overall shot of some of my armor models.
Attached Thumbnails
1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-dragon-wagon.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-huey-donation.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-john-dell-display.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-ship.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-space-odessy-shuttle.jpg  

1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-weeks-tanks.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-04-2017, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
It looks like y'all had a great event. Hopefully I'll make it up that way some day.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Don - Thanks for posting these images, and for the generous gesture of giving your aeromedical evacuation Huey Dustoff model to be passed on to a former Dustoff pilot. Smoke's out!

Cliff - Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for your constant support to these events. We handed out several Paper Tiger Armament ACAVs and M3 light tanks.

Jack Colin passed on the other two photos he took at the banquet at the Carlisle Thai Cuisine, and I have added them here.

1. Back Row Left to right: Rev Thomas Davies Clay, Peter Ansoff, Don Weeks (rockpaperscissor), Anne McCombs, and one half of Dodgin' Jack McCombs.

Front Row: Kathleen O'Day, Linda Kemp, Mark Norman.

2. Back Row Left to Right: Kevin Stephens, Rick Steffers, Jack Colin's leather jacket, Lil Boose, Don Boose.

Front Row Left to Right: John Glessner (DrLaser), Rose Glassner.

Don (Too)
Attached Thumbnails
1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-usahec_170401c_01_banquet.jpg   1 April 2017 Paper Modelers' Event at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center-usahec_170401c_02_banquet.jpg  
Old 04-05-2017, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Wow, some great looking models!

Sure would liked to have been there!

Appears to have been a great time.

Weather still giving me fits. That and the airplane has been supplying issues, had to fix an electronic magneto. Broken tail-wheel assembly (supplied a very interesting landing at Minden, NV), and today will be replacement of one of the main tires.

Mike
Old 04-06-2017, 07:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Don,

Have to ask how the weather was on Friday/Saturday?

45 mph winds with blowing dust/sand at Parker, AZ meant no flying-almost lost my canopy cover!

Dis-engaged tail wheel landing was witnessed by some locals at Minden, NV. Guess I'm famous there....Son claims we were power sliding down the runway. Actually locked the opposite brake up trying to keep it on the runway. Tried to shove the rudder through the firewall while applying the brake.....

After talking it over with my brother-in-law I should have added some power to get the rudder to help. He has been flying tail-wheels since 8-years old.

Been an interesting vacation to say the least, now I'm waiting for the rain /thunder storms to clear in the Pacific Northwest, of course my intended refuel spot in Alaska is clear while my take-off airport has overcast, rain issues.

Will try today to get as close to Lynden, WA as possible for the over-flight of Canada to Alaska.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 04-06-2017, 08:31 AM

Hi Mike -

We were all wondering about how you were faring in your flight.

It rained heavily on Friday, but there was a break during the time that we were loading the models in through the back cargo door of the USAHEC Visitor and Education Center (where we did the display). By Saturday morning, there was just a light mist that ended early, so those who brought their models in on Saturday were able to do so without danger.

As I type, the rain is pouring down and the big trees in the back and in the bottomland of the Conodoguinet are thrashing wildly in the wind.

Don
Google Adsense