PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
2018 International Paper Modelers' Convention

All,

Happy New Year! It took longer than usual, but we're locked in for the 2018 IPMC. The dates are 26-28 October 2018, and the venue will be the same as in previous years, the Hampton Inn Dulles Airport in Sterling, Virginia. (We were looking into a change of venue, but that didn't work out for a couple of reasons). The format and costs will be basically the same as in previous years.

I'll post the tentative schedule and signup form here in the forum shortly, and also send out the usual alert notice to the IPMC email list. There will be a special web site for IPMC room reservations; the URL will be included in the signup form when I post it. In the meantime, you can make hotel reservations directly on the Hampton Inn site, using Group Code "IPM" to get the conference rate. Please be sure to use the Group Code, so that your room counts against our room block. The conference rate went up a few dollars this year ($84 instead of $79), but that's not really surprising because it's the first increase in quite a while.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in October!

PS: If you need to email me, please note that my email address has changed to pansoff[at]pobox.com. You'll get a bounce if you try to use the old vanderbilt one.
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Thanks for the heads up Peter, and thanks to you and the board for setting this up.

Bob
Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 PM

All, I just uploaded the 2018 IPMC registration form and tentative schedule the Self-Help area, and they should be available for download soon. As you'll see from the form, we're offering a new option this year for folks who want to display just a couple of models instead of a whole table full. We're hoping this will encourage more folks to participate. As you may already know, this year's theme is "something fishy," which should generate some unique entries.

If you have any questions, ideas, etc., for the IPMC, please drop me a line: pansoff[at]pobox.com.

SF&G, Peter A.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:07 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
files have been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-24-2018, 10:26 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Question. Has anyone contacted the local IPMS group(s) to let them know
about our little gathering?

This may have already been answered, and I may or may not have known the
answer at one time. I just cannot remember.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 02-24-2018, 07:10 PM

Question. Has anyone contacted the local IPMS group(s) to let them know
about our little gathering?
[/I]

Yes. We have had great relations with the NOVA IPMS chapter, and we've been exhibiting at their Model Classic in the Spring.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:20 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Thanks Peter

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
IPMC 2018 Awards Rules

INTERNATIONAL PAPER MODELERS' CONVENTION (IPMC) 2018 AWARDS

INTENT: The primary purpose of the International Paper Modelers' Convention is the enjoyment and promotion of the art and craft of paper model design and building; the sharing of wisdom, tips, and techniques; the trading of stories about the craft and its artisans; and the sharing of camaraderie and good fellowship. Awards are bestowed in that spirit.

Awards will be made in the following categories:

PEOPLE'S CHOICE: The People’s Choice Award will be presented to the model voted "best" by all of the visitors and participants. A small card with a number printed on it will be placed by each model. Every person who walks through the door will be given a ballot to register an opinion as to the model they think is best by whatever criteria they choose. The model with the most votes wins.

THEME CATEGORY – SOMETHING FISHY – Fish of all kinds, of course, bony and cartilaginous, swimming in the wild or reduced to sushi. But also marine mammals, crustaceans, cetaceans, mollusks, and bivalves. Fishing boats, trawlers, draggers, drifters, and whalers. And submarines. Seaweed? Perhaps. Let your imagination swim. The final decision as to sufficient fishiness lies, as always, with the infallible, ineffable, indomitable, and indefatigable Awards Committee.

BEST TABLE DISPLAY: Prizes will be awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed, and overall impression.

MOST UNUSUAL MODEL: Eye appeal and artisanship count, of course, but this one is entirely subjective, and one award, with one prize, will be determined by the sempiternal and inscrutable Awards Committee.

GREG PERRY SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOW’S EAR AWARD: Endowed by Greg Perry. One award to the best build of a "bad" kit. “Bad” meaning poor paper, ill-fitting parts, and other challenges.

AWARDS COMMITTEE SPECIAL AWARDS (ACSAs): The Awards Committee will make a number of awards for categories to be announced at the time of the awards ceremony. These awards are intended to recognize contributions to the paper modeling craft and to the IPMC, leavened by good humor and fellowship.

DON BOOSE, ANNE MCCOMBS, RICK STEFFERS, LIL BOOSE
and ALAN WHEELER (EMERITUS) - IPMC 2018 AWARDS COMMITTEE
Old 07-12-2018, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I'm wondering if there is anyone attending this year's IPMC
that is driving from the south?
...Florida, Georgia, South or North Carolina
or anywhere south of Virginia?

(Not flying)

If so, can I talk to you?
Please message me.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:42 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
I'm wondering if there is anyone attending this year's IPMC
that is driving from the south?
...Florida, Georgia, South or North Carolina
or anywhere south of Virginia?

(Not flying)

If so, can I talk to you?
Please message me.

Maybe.

Waiting clearance from work for that meeting.