PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Dayton IPMS weekend of building

I attended a weekend event in which our club members spent 3 days of fun building models, talking, watching movies, spending time dining together. This was at the Hope hotel next to the Wright Paterson Air Force base gate ( our usual meeting spot ). We had 15 or so folks that set up their work areas and were building various models ( in plastic; I was the only paper builder ).

I brought my Kfir C-7 to continue its build
Kfir C7- Yaron repaint of Yoav Kfir C2

and also various other paper kits. However, I never started on the other paper kits.

I also started building two more Soviet aviation jets in 1/72 scale to add to my 80+ built models.
Dayton IPMS weekend of building-01.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-02.jpg

It has been 5 years since I built plastic and it took frustrating additional time to get back to it. But it was fun doing the builds in both mediums.

The event started with a significant snow storm Friday pm, but that did not dampen our event.

Pics here

The room
Dayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6371.jpg

some of the models brought in
Dayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6375.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6377.jpg

Dayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6378.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6379.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6383.jpg

Dayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6384.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6405.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6418.jpg

and here is my work
Dayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6430.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6431.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6433.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6434.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6436.jpg

and the gate guards at the base in the snow
Dayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6440.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6439.jpgDayton IPMS weekend of building-img_6441.jpg

Isaac

Last edited by Isaac; 01-14-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2018, 09:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Looks like a lot of fun. Did you mention to the plastic modelers that your project was a free download? Even simple plastic kits are $50, before all the add ons. Your Kfir looks to be one of the best models in the group.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
Looks like a lot of fun. Did you mention to the plastic modelers that your project was a free download? Even simple plastic kits are $50, before all the add ons. Your Kfir looks to be one of the best models in the group.

Yes I did mention to the folks that it was free. There were many surprised faces when I told them it was paper.

Isaac
Old 01-14-2018, 10:31 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Ahh yes, you were out spreading the word, the paper word. Looks like it was a great time.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks like a good time. It is always fun to see the reaction of people when you let them know a model is paper.

Nice gate guards.
Google Adsense
Old 01-15-2018, 06:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Looks like a good time. It is always fun to see the reaction of people when you let them know a model is paper.

Nice gate guards.

Which makes us all exceptional artists !

Isaac, I noticed a Piper to the right of your Kfir. Does this happen to be a paper model that you built?? I would be very interested as flying those things is my other hobby.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 01-15-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
Which makes us all exceptional artists !

Isaac, I noticed a Piper to the right of your Kfir. Does this happen to be a paper model that you built?? I would be very interested as flying those things is my other hobby.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik

The Piper model is plastic and built by another modeler in our club.

Actually I built this same plastic model right after I my solo flight when I got my pilot license.
I still have the model. Here is my 37 year old model ( minus the prop which I lost in my many moves )
Dayton IPMS weekend of building-piper.jpg

Isaac