PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

View Poll Results: Dayton mini paper convention May 18-20, 2018
Will you participate May 18 to 20 ? 9 90.00%
Will you bring more than 10 models ? 4 40.00%
Do you need a hotel room ? 6 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2018, 12:26 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I am checking with my scheduler (wife, she keeps the calendar!) now.
I will let you know as soon as possible.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 01-23-2018, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I'm gonna do everything I can to make it. My life likes to drop pianos on me though, so I can't make any guarantees until the date gets closer.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
As previously noted, I will be there, Lord willin, and the Creek don't rise.... will plan on arrival Friday. Jim
Old 01-23-2018, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post
As previously noted, I will be there, Lord willin, and the Creek don't rise.... will plan on arrival Friday. Jim
Jim

That is great!

Isaac
Old 01-23-2018, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.27 MB
Most def interested. Will consider a table especially if the lower price applies. Sounds awesome.
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2018, 09:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyer437 View Post
Most def interested. Will consider a table especially if the lower price applies. Sounds awesome.
Please PM me with your details. I will keep you informed.

what kind of models can you bring.

Thanks

Isaac
Old 01-26-2018, 09:33 PM

Thumbs up Date change to May 11-13

based on input form folks, it sounded that the weekend of May 18 will be too busy and that rooms may not be available. In addition too many events are taking place.

so

After consultation with some of you, I am now changing the event to a week earlier. Friday May 11 thru Sunday May 13th will be the new dates.

Still working on an agenda, or it can be free flowing 3 days with some side trips to the nearby air museums.

I will need a renewed commitment from those that said they can attend, but with these new dates. I will send out a poll in the next day or so, but so far, we got 11 folks with some in the maybe category.

Additionaly

The cost to rent the function room with 15 long tables is $160 per day. So for 3 days, that cost is $480. If we get 10 folks sharing the cost, that will be around $50 per person.

I am getting a quote for the guest rooms and that will probably be around $90-$100 per night. I will have rooms blocked, but it will be up to each of you to make a reservation.

For Saturday night dinner, we will eat at the hotel restaurant which I will reserve the table(s). Each person can order their own meal and pay for it directly. This way there is no dietary issues or confusion.

So please let me know again if you can make it and how many models you are bringing ( approximately , so we have enough tables ) and are you bringing a guest ? ( so I can get a count for the Saturday dinner ). Lastly again, how many guest rooms do you need ( I requested 7 rooms for now, but that may change based on your reply ).

I will start another clean thread for the new dates.

Isaac
Old 01-27-2018, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
based on input form folks, it sounded that the weekend of May 18 will be too busy and that rooms may not be available. In addition too many events are taking place.

so

After consultation with some of you, I am now changing the event to a week earlier. Friday May 11 thru Sunday May 13th will be the new dates.

Still working on an agenda, or it can be free flowing 3 days with some side trips to the nearby air museums.

I will need a renewed commitment from those that said they can attend, but with these new dates. I will send out a poll in the next day or so, but so far, we got 11 folks with some in the maybe category.

Additionaly

The cost to rent the function room with 15 long tables is $160 per day. So for 3 days, that cost is $480. If we get 10 folks sharing the cost, that will be around $50 per person.

I am getting a quote for the guest rooms and that will probably be around $90-$100 per night. I will have rooms blocked, but it will be up to each of you to make a reservation.

For Saturday night dinner, we will eat at the hotel restaurant which I will reserve the table(s). Each person can order their own meal and pay for it directly. This way there is no dietary issues or confusion.

So please let me know again if you can make it and how many models you are bringing ( approximately , so we have enough tables ) and are you bringing a guest ? ( so I can get a count for the Saturday dinner ). Lastly again, how many guest rooms do you need ( I requested 7 rooms for now, but that may change based on your reply ).

I will start another clean thread for the new dates.

Isaac
I can still go, just keeping an eye out for the new thread/poll
Old 01-27-2018, 11:38 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectKITT View Post
I can still go, just keeping an eye out for the new thread/poll
That's great

Thanks

Isaac
Old 01-28-2018, 03:54 PM