PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I talked, and talked and talked, and talked so more, and even talked more than that.

The surprising looks, the incredulous reply of that is paper? when you tell people that everything is made from paper, from the Dragon Wagon and Sherman that Kevin build to the reindeer and Santa and sleigh that Ann built and the Maneki Neko which was coming together quickly on Anne's table.

Even Jack(Doctorsan)'s Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier, which was lit up, drew gasps as people were told it was made of paper.

Saturday sucked weather wise, it was raining pretty much the entire day, a couple of dry periods, but it was damp all day long,

Sunday was a bit better, not by much, but now the umbrellas were used as sun shade, not as a rain guard. The humidity at one point was around 70%, pretty sticky when you got outside for some of the displays and lunch.

we had some repeat visitors, who convinced themselves that they wanted to try building paper models, so hopefully these new recruits will join, and even introduce themselves and comment on this thread.

when I got home last night, I was both tired and energized, I am trying to work off that energy, now I kinda wanna know what next year's theme will be, in order to start working on new models to display next year.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-21-2018, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Wish I could have been there. Maybe next year.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Sounds like y'all had a great time in spite of the weather. Hope next year's weather is kinder to you.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I also wanted to thank Don for the little extra work he does in his posts. The attached photos are named to indicate what is in the photo. Nicely done, sir
Old 05-21-2018, 03:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Almost always seems like a rainy weekend for Army Heritage Days. Kinda like it's always snowing for PA farm show. Sorry I missed it this year. Maybe next year....

Greg
Old 05-21-2018, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thank for dropping in on the thread, Neil, Glen, Dave, Michael, Kevin, Bob, Elliott, and Greg (founding member of the Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event).

I have more to post, but didn't have the time today to do the job properly. Will post tomorrow evening with images of some of our models on display, reenactors and displays along the History Trail, interactions with veterans and other visitors, and the vehicles (M4 Sherman, M36 tank destroyer, M3 half track, M10 armored utility car, and M29 Weasel that belched smoke and churned through the mud on the AFV obstacle course.

Michael - I do not have even an approximate head count for the number of visitors we had in our room, but we handed out about 400 free models and about 150 lists of paper model websites. Karl Warner (the Official USAHEC Paper Modelers Wrangler) may be able to give me a head count for the overall event tomorrow.

Don
Old 05-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Thank you Don for all you do to help make these shows a success. Thanks also for the great pics. As has been said, it's always nice to be able to put a face to a name. Almost like being there.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:21 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

This and Sterling are the highlights of my social calendar, sooo that should tell you something.....
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-21-2018, 07:35 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
This and Sterling are the highlights of my social calendar, sooo that should tell you something.....
You really don't have a social calendar?

(You have one more event on your calendar than I do!)

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-21-2018, 07:37 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

it sounds cool
Google Adsense