PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
whats a social calendar? I don't understand
Old 05-21-2018, 07:52 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I'll bring crayons to Sterling in October to explain it to you
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-22-2018, 08:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
I’d like to thank Don too for putting all of this together. It is always nice to see everyone and get a look at what they have been working on. Derek has been a fixture at this event for the past three years. He built and gave me the model house the first year he was there. I now bring it with me in hopes he may show up, which he always does. The weather was a really unfortunate. I thought the crowd was pretty sparse as a result. How was it on Sunday?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Like Roosevelt E. Roosevelt relayed to Adrian Cronauer in Good Morning Vietnam, it is hot, damn hot!

it got up into the 80s and the humidity was around 72-75%, and some of that heat and humidity started to creep into the building over time
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-22-2018, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Yuck, I can almost imagine the models starting to sag.
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2018, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
80's is hot?
Old 05-24-2018, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 440.50 MB
It was a great time! This event is very special to me, because it's where my husband and I first learned about paper modeling. To now be on the other side of the table is a great thing!
Old 05-24-2018, 10:46 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
80's is hot?
For us on the East Coast, 80's in May is hot
Old 05-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
80's is hot? Its that here now and it's winter. Seriously.

95 is more summery.....
Old 05-24-2018, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days

Apologies for interrupting the discussion of ambient temperatures and for the delay in posting the second part of my report on the Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018 report, but here are some additional image of the participants and their models, as well as interaction with veterans and other visitors.

1. Rick Steffers explains some of his earth science geo-models to a young visitor. Kevin Stephens’s display on the left.

2. Rick and other visitors. Linda Kemp is in this image also, standing behind the visitor in the lavender hoodie.

3. Rick at work.

4-6. Rick’s models.

7-10. Kevin Stephens’s models. Kevin was hospitalized two days before the event, but I was able to bring his models up from York so that he, a founding member of this event, would be represented. Visitors had to see the Dragon Wagon. Kevin is out of the hospital and doing well with full recovery expected.

11. Justin Harper of the USAHEC Staff, the inimitable Karl Warner, Official USAHEC Paper Modelers Wrangler, and Don Weeks (rockpaperscissors).

12. Don Weeks and Lindsay Strehl, one of the USAHEC Staff who has supported the Paper Modelers over the years. Lindsay’s day job is USAHEC Director of Outreach and Programs, but for Army Heritage Days every member of the USAHEC staff, the directors, historians, archivists, museum curators and technicians, librarians, security force, administrators, maintenance crew, and janitors all pitch in to support the event.

13. Don Weeks talks with Bob Heisler, USAF, Retired, who flew Helio Couriers and C-47 with the 5th Air Commando Squadron, 14th Air Commando Wing, at Bien Thuy and Nha Trang in Vietnam in the late 1960s.

14. rockpaperscissors at work.

15-18. Don Week’s models.

19. Don’s version of Satoki Yoshioka’s (Y’s) 1/72 Panhard armored car.

More in a couple of hours.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_01_rick_and_visitors.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_02_rick_and_visitors.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_03_rick_at_work.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_04_rick_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_05_rick_models.jpg  

Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_06_rick_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_07_kevin_stephens_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_08_kevin_stephens_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_09_kevin_stephens_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_10_kevin_stephens_models.jpg  

Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_11_justin_harper-karl_warner-don_weeks.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_12_don_weeks-lindsay_strehl.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_13_bob_heisler-don_weeks.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_14_rps_at_work.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_15_don_weeks_models.jpg  

Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_16_don_weeks_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_17_don_weeks_models.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_18_don_weeks_smk_tank.jpg   Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018-ahd18a_19_don_weeks_panhard.jpg  
Google Adsense