PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 07-01-2018, 08:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 101.41 MB
Well, I packed up the models yesterday, but before dismantling the exhibit I took more photos with the doors open. They were interfering with my focus and bouncing light from the overhead halogens earlier. But I still had problems with light refracting off the glass shelves, so apologies for the poor quality shots.

Here's a closer look at the first case, with captions. Let me know if you want me to reprint the text sections.

David T. Okamura
Attached Thumbnails
Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-03.gif   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-04.gif  
Old 07-01-2018, 08:20 PM

Here's the second case. The Travel Air "Mystery Ship" was specially altered from the Fiddlers Green original to more accurately reflect Pancho Barnes' favorite plane. I gave this model a few hours later to my friend Patrice Demory, who as a teenager lived with Pancho for six months in 1966 at her Gypsy Springs desert ranch. Patrice also typed out Pancho's dictated autobiography. That experience so impressed Patrice that she and husband Steve Demory now make presentations of Pancho's beloved grandfather Professor Thaddeus Lowe and the U.S. Balloon Corps at Civil War events, Patrice portraying Mrs. Leontine Lowe.

David T. Okamura
Attached Thumbnails
Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-05.gif   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-06.gif   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-07.gif  

Last edited by dto; 07-01-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
That is a very well thought out exhibit, I hope the staff appreciated the work involved and the public enjoyed it,
Old 07-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Pretty cool! Would be neat to see in person but is a bit long of a commute from Missouri.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
MrConk

I would like to echo David's invitation to visit us. There are too few paper modelers around and when we get together and share techniques and our models we all become better modelers. If you need transportation I am available just PM me.

Jim Nunn
Old 07-02-2018, 05:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Nothing wrong with those photos. Wonderful presentation!!
Old 07-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.91 MB
That was an excellent Display! Hope it drew lots of Looks!

Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM

Sorry for the delay, folks. I've been busy catching up with "Life" after all the time spent on this display. (Still haven't reboxed all the models yet -- my place is a mess.) Also, it took a while salvaging these blurry closeup shots. Hope you can read the captions.

David T. Okamura
Attached Thumbnails
Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-08.gif   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-09.jpg   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-10.gif  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:48 PM

And here's the last of the "Comical Captions". I figured that people tend to follow word balloons, so a little humor helped liven up the dry information. From my library contact, visitors commented most about the final picture. I sure hope that means they wanted us back!

David T. Okamura
Attached Thumbnails
Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-11.gif   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-12.gif   Pasadena Central Library Paper Model Display-13.gif