PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 06-10-2018, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center

Following Don's report on the display as well as the live demo of military equipment during Heritage days
Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2018

I had an opportunity to stop by the center in Carlisle Pennsylvania on my way home.
USAHEC Home

Don was not able to meet, but Kevin did. So on Saturday, my wife Cindy and I met Kevin along with Gina at the front desk ( thanks for arranging that Don ) for a great visit of the facility. I enjoyed making contact with Kevin and spending a very informative afternoon touring the museum and discussing the displays. It would be great to participate in the paper display ( I'll plan for it next year ).

This is a continuation of my quest to meet many of our paper modelers around the world.

Here are some pictures I took. More pics soon.
Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0425.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0550.jpg

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0512.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0467.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0536.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0513.jpg

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2018, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Isaac, Cindy, and Kevin - I am very glad this worked out, but sorry that I wasn't able to meet with you. Hope to see you all at Sterling in October and in Dayton next spring. Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 06-11-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
It was a pleasure meeting up with Isaac and his wife, Cindy, at the USAHEC over the weekend in Carlisle, PA. We were fortunate enough to be able to spend a few hours together walking around the the Army Heritage trail and the other indoor museum exhibits. Despite being hot and buggy outside we enjoyed our time together looking at all of the military hardware on display and talking a bit about paper modeling. Thanks for posting the pictures Isaac! I just love that M18 Tank destroyer - there's just something about it that really attracts me to it - it's one of my favorite AFV's.

Oh and before I forget, I'd also like to thank Don Boose for making prior arrangements with the staff to welcome us to the visitors center. Gina was so helpful and gave us a very warm welcome. Please pass along a personal thank you when you see her next. The USAHEC is a first class operation. If you ever have the chance, its well worth stopping by.

I'm really looking forward to meeting up again with Isaac and the many other paper modelers at next years get together in Dayton. I can't wait to see the Memphis Bell and tour the Air Force Museum.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:01 PM

Cool More pictures

Here are a few more pictures of the items at the center

Tanks, missile, gun
Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0432.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0441.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0451.jpg

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0474.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0448.jpg

Isaac
Old 06-11-2018, 08:03 PM

Cool Helicopters

Huey and Cobra

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0484.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0485.jpg

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0455.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0457.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0458.jpg

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2018, 08:07 PM

Cool Fortress arrangement

A re creation of a fortress defense from the 1700's

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0476.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0482.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0480.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0479.jpg

Isaac
Old 06-11-2018, 08:12 PM

Cool Pill box and trench

An inside look

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0491.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0492.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0497.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0496.jpg

Get together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0499.jpgGet together with Kevin at US Army heritage center-dsc_0502.jpg

Isaac
Old 06-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great images, Isaac!

Don
Old 06-12-2018, 04:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Thanks for posting your great pics - especially like the Huey and Cobra.😸😸😸
Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 AM

Thumbs up

Quote: