PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-16-2018, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
My first airplane ride was in an Ercoupe. The ride was a present to me from my Dad on my tenth birthday. I have flown many times in many different aircraft since then, but the Ercoupe will always be special to me. I also have the Comet stick and tissue model (un-built) and a plastic version with solid windows by some Mexican company, I don't remember the brand. Nice job on your Ercoupe Mardinex!

Bob
Old 09-17-2018, 12:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 214.21 MB
I like crisp & clean.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgdenBob View Post
My first airplane ride was in an Ercoupe. The ride was a present to me from my Dad on my tenth birthday. I have flown many times in many different aircraft since then, but the Ercoupe will always be special to me. I also have the Comet stick and tissue model (un-built) and a plastic version with solid windows by some Mexican company, I don't remember the brand. Nice job on your Ercoupe Mardinex!

Bob

Your plastic Ercoupe with solid windows was injected in Mexico by a company called Necomisa with the brand "Pegasus". This company injected several original Lindberg Line moulds, mostly the very old private and racer planes injected by Paul Lindberg with his partner Olsen. There came the name "O-Lin" and before that, "Varney" plastics, perhaps one of the first, injection moulded plastic kits available. Check "Oldmodelkits.com" You will find there a very interesting story of plastic kits development in our country. Keep your Ercoupe as a big treasure, a gem inside a safe box!!. It is today very expensive if you find one on Ebay or elsewhere. And I haven't heard from anyone owning the original moulds since Necomisa went out of business and some Lindberg models are today injected by a company called Round2 corporation and, apparently, they don't have these moulds.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
Your plastic Ercoupe with solid windows was injected in Mexico by a company called Necomisa with the brand "Pegasus". This company injected several original Lindberg Line moulds, mostly the very old private and racer planes injected by Paul Lindberg with his partner Olsen. There came the name "O-Lin" and before that, "Varney" plastics, perhaps one of the first, injection moulded plastic kits available. Check "Oldmodelkits.com" You will find there a very interesting story of plastic kits development in our country. Keep your Ercoupe as a big treasure, a gem inside a safe box!!. It is today very expensive if you find one on Ebay or elsewhere. And I haven't heard from anyone owning the original moulds since Necomisa went out of business and some Lindberg models are today injected by a company called Round2 corporation and, apparently, they don't have these moulds.
Thanks for that info Rick. Fortunately, that one is also un-built and will so remain. I know plastic kits are expensive (one of the many reasons I love paper) and the "oldies" are even more expensive.

Bob
Old 09-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
1:1 Ercoupe for sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ERCOUPE-196...T/163199110389

Like so many others, this is a fascinating airplane, and popular for models. I've build a few over the years. The wing/fuselage join fairing was always difficult with stick and tissue models (imho!). And that laminated paper airplane....I remember building one of those (not a bomber) probably 1945 or so. Good enough for my imagination. I love these "way back" stories. I can always count on Don having a connection and something of interest to add.

Jim B
Google Adsense
Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Here is one I lettered a million years ago. It had just been repainted which is why it is not totally assembled. It earned its name by being stuck in a levee around Orland California.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Ercoupe restored-lawn-dart-1.jpg   Ercoupe restored-lawn-dart-2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgdenBob View Post
Thanks for that info Rick. Fortunately, that one is also un-built and will so remain. I know plastic kits are expensive (one of the many reasons I love paper) and the "oldies" are even more expensive.

Bob
Loving paper models more than plastics is not only price. The other reason is that I don't have to paint!! Painting with expensive enamels with expensive airbrush and lots of paint smell, thinner, masking tape etc. etc. is not exactly big fun.
If I want to "paint" a card model, I just scan it and repaint it! (There are several Photoshop type softwares free just in case you don't want to pay the small fortune that PS costs!)
Old 09-18-2018, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Fiddlers Green Ercoupe

This model is kept in my display case for interested visitors to hold and examine the simplistic paper modeling method.

The FG black and white parts page was scored on the back side with the help of a light table.

The prop is now fixed; no longer spins; a disappointment for the younger folks.

The model has not yellowed after years sitting on a shelf. It appears that the Krylon acrylic gloss final coat has held up well.

BP
Attached Thumbnails
Ercoupe restored-1.jpg   Ercoupe restored-2.jpg   Ercoupe restored-3.jpg   Ercoupe restored-4.jpg   Ercoupe restored-5.jpg