PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 10-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Murphy's Law just kicked in. We are now having out of town guests arriving on Friday afternoon for the weekend, so I will not make it to the convention this year. One of my best friends that I have not seen in 5 years, so I could not very well say "not convenient". See you next year in Ohio.

John
Old 10-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Sorry, I try to control it as much as I can, but my law tends to get away from me once in a while.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Built models and a few in works packed and ready to go. travel plans for 18th and 19th made and a whole week to visit my folks and some friends, then the Convention!

For those on here that actually read this, think of your models to be displayed and determine which one gave you the most challenge due to poor fit, paper, or instructions, so I know which one to judge for my endowed Silk Purse award. Yes the potential prizes are worth the effort!

See you soon!

greg
Old 10-16-2019, 10:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 705.2 KB
I just finished a new free model for the Convention website. In fitting with the Oktoberfest theme, its a paper Tyrol hat you can decorate with pins for all the paper model conventions you've attended. Print on colored paper or color it yourself. Its pretty simple so hopefully there's time before the convention to make one yourself: International Paper Modelers Convention
Matt
Old 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 214.95 MB
Matt,
That is very nice. Will we see you at the convention next week?

Bill Kastenmeier
Google Adsense
Old 10-16-2019, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks, Matt! Looks good.

Don
Old 10-16-2019, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 705.2 KB
Sadly I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. Its been a few years since its worked out to make it, too busy with work or other things. Next year hopefully!
Matt
Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm trying to, "sweet-talk" Marji into attending that we might make the acquaintance of so many we've come to know from the forum, the problem being is that she is the BIGGEST, "recluse" that I've ever met!, she is so reclusive that she makes a, "hermit" look like a, "social butterfly". However, this year, when I mentioned it to her, she seemed to be more receptive to the idea than ever, perhaps if I continue to sweet talk her from now until next year we can attend, we would have to drive up from Florida but I think it would be well worth the trip... (fingers crossed)
Old 10-18-2019, 01:17 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I think it would be great to meet y'all.
I have made it a goal to meet as many of my forum
folks as I can.

Between IPMC and my model contests, I have managed to
meet alot of them.

It is a great, friendly bunch, I think she would have a good time.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 10-18-2019, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
IPMC 2019 Award Rules

I think the rules posted at the IPMC site are from last year. In any event, here are this year's rules. Note that, while everyone takes pride in their models and awards are appreciated, this is a very friendly and collegial event. The main award is the People's Choice Award, which is voted on by all the participants and visitors.

INTERNATIONAL PAPER MODELERS' CONVENTION (IPMC)
2019 AWARDS

INTENT: The primary purpose of the International Paper Modelers' Convention is the enjoyment and promotion of the art and craft of paper model design and building; the sharing of wisdom, tips, and techniques; the trading of stories about the craft and its artisans; and the sharing of camaraderie and good fellowship. Awards are bestowed in that spirit.

Awards will be made in the following categories:

PEOPLE'S CHOICE: The People’s Choice Award will be presented to the model voted "best" by all of the visitors and participants. All IPMC participants who wish to have their models considered for this award will be issued small cards with numbers printed on them. Participants should place a numbered card next to each model or group of models they wish to have considered. Every person who walks through the door will be given a ballot to register an opinion as to the model they think is best by whatever criteria they choose. The model with the most votes wins.

THEME CATEGORY – OKTOBERFEST – Anything German: buildings, airplanes, ships and watercraft, living creatures, automata, land vehicles of all types, science fiction, fantasy, and real spacecraft and objects, and any other category you can think of, so long as it is German. The final decision as to sufficient Germanicity lies, as always, with the infallible, ineffable, indomitable, and indefatigable Awards Committee.

BEST TABLE DISPLAY: Prizes will be awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed, and overall impression.

MOST UNUSUAL MODEL: Eye appeal and artisanship count, of course, but this one is entirely subjective, and one award, with one prize, will be determined by the sempiternal and inscrutable Awards Committee.

GREG PERRY SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOW’S EAR AWARD: Endowed, selected, and awarded by Greg Perry. One award to the best build of a "bad" kit. “Bad” meaning poor paper, ill-fitting parts, and other challenges.

AWARDS COMMITTEE SPECIAL AWARDS (ACSAs): The Awards Committee will make a number of awards for categories to be announced at the time of the awards ceremony. These awards are intended to recognize contributions to the paper modeling craft and to the IPMC, leavened by good humor and fellowship.

IPMC 2019 AWARDS COMMITTEE: DON BOOSE, ANNE MCCOMBS,
RAY SMITH, LIL BOOSE, and ALAN WHEELER (EMERITUS)
Google Adsense