PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 10-28-2018, 08:24 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
22nd International Paper Model Convention, October 2019

Hi all,

By now, most of us who have attend, have gotten back home, and unpacked our cars and put away all of the models, and maybe do some laundry.

As they say after a team wins their championship, planning for the next one starts immediately.

So in that vein, the 2019 version of IPMC, the 22nd, is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of October 25-27.
We do not foresee any problems with the Hotel, but if there are changes, we will let everyone know as soon as we hear.

One of the most anticipated announcements coming out the awards announcements is the theme for the convention:

Oktoberfest

Anything German goes, so if you build ships, German ships, Armor = German tanks or other militaria, so go through your stash, pull out that Tiger or Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier, and start building.

If you have never attended and you are local to Sterling Virginia, we, Papermodelers.com and International Paper Model Convention, invite you to come visit, chat with fellow paper modelers, buy kits, get inspired, and if you want to display your models, we will have a table for you.

If you have any questions, post them here, or send me a private message, and I or others will try to get you sorted.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 10-28-2018, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for this info, Rick. Looks like the 21st was a great success. Lil and I hope to be at the 22nd.

Don
Old 10-28-2018, 09:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
This one will be on my radar, especially since I hope to have at least two thirds of my current project complete by then.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
A small update: I've checked with the hotel and the 25-27 October 2019 dates are open, so we've penciled them in. I'll let everyone know when we've finalized the arrangements (including the room block!).

It was great seeing everybody last weekend. Attendance was a bit lower than usual, but it was still a good crowd and a nice mix of veterans and first-timers. See y'all next year, if not before!
Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I've already found my project for next year.
22nd International Paper Model Convention, October 2019-oldgermantruckb.jpg
Google Adsense
Old 02-26-2019, 10:32 AM

The silk purse out of sow's ear award prizes have been determined and are on order. Also, if I am unable to attend, Texman has graciously agreed to be my surrogate judge for this year's award.

Greg
Old 04-09-2019, 07:57 AM

So it looks like I will be a no show again this year. But never fear builders of sow's ear models, I have the potential prizes on hand and a bunch of other stuff for the annual auction. I have decided to purge many of my older hand drawn models from my "to build" stack, so these make up most of the auction items I am donating.

greg
Old 05-15-2019, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
All, here's a quick update. After some twists and turns, we are locked in for the 2019 International Paper Modelers' Convention on 25-26 October at our usual location in Sterling, Virginia. If you're on my contact list you should have received an email from me with the registration form and tentative schedule, and we'll get those uploaded here on the forum shortly (thanks, Rick!).

Last year there were some issues with getting hotel rooms at the conference rate. We've blocked additional rooms this year, and I'll be monitoring the situation. If you have any problems getting the conference rate, please send me an IM or an email (pansoff [at] pobox.com). The hotel has been very responsive about this, and I'm pretty sure they'll be able to accommodate everyone. The special URL for IPMC reservations is on the registration form.

More to follow!

Peter Ansoff
Old 05-15-2019, 02:34 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
As Peter mentioned, I have just posted the registration form and schedule to the Self Help Library in the Download section

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-15-2019, 09:18 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Maybe work won't stop me this years?

The year before was great!