PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 01-28-2019, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
While I don't have any comments on hotels or venues, I am currently working through 2019 events that are of interest to me so I can figure out which ones I may be able to attend.

So, do you have any show dates chosen or is this still up in the air?

Greg
I do not have a date yet. I floated mid to end of May as a date for a Saturday event.

I will restart effort on this get together in March. Until then, it is only tentative/speculative.

Isaac
Old 01-28-2019, 06:21 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
Isaac,
Am I right in thinking that Dayton Wright Brothers Airport is a general aviation field and not a commercial airport? If so, how far away is it from the commercial airport?
Correct! Dayton Wright Brothers airport ( KMGY ) is a general aviation airport and is located 20 minutes south of the city of Dayton.

So if you fly commercially to the Dayton international airport ( KDAY ), you will either rent a car or take a taxi/Uber/Lyft ride ( approx 30 minutes ride ).
There are plenty of hotels near by as well.

Isaac
Old 01-29-2019, 06:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I do not have a date yet. I floated mid to end of May as a date for a Saturday event.

I will restart effort on this get together in March. Until then, it is only tentative/speculative.

Isaac
OK, Keep in mind that May 18-19 is Army Heritage Days in Carlisle PA. Many of us attend this annually (or at least pretend to).

While I am only one person, having it the week after would easily coincide with my travels to return home if I were to attend the Carlisle event.

I could not, of course speak for other possible folks that most likely would be attending the Carlisle event that would also be interested in yours.

greg
Old 01-29-2019, 06:21 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
OK, Keep in mind that May 18-19 is Army Heritage Days in Carlisle PA. Many of us attend this annually (or at least pretend to).

While I am only one person, having it the week after would easily coincide with my travels to return home if I were to attend the Carlisle event.

I could not, of course speak for other possible folks that most likely would be attending the Carlisle event that would also be interested in yours.

greg
Greg

Good to know. I would look into the following weekend for the Dayton meet then.

I'm traveling for the next 6 weeks and will work it when I return

Thanks

Isaac
Old 03-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Question Let's talk

OK, I am back in town and talked to the airport FBO manager and the month of May is available for us to use the huge lobby of the facility ( see pictures in the first post ).

Since the Army heritage get together is May 18-19, the how about our mini Dayton Con being held Saturday May 25th ?

As stated before, this is a general aviation airport, so unless you have your own private plane, you can fly to the international Dayton airport (DAY) and then rent a car or take an Uber/Lyft/taxi to wherever you plan to stay. There are multiple hotels/motels within 2 miles of the location and lots of restaurants nearby. The Air Force museum is 30 minutes away and the Wright B museum is on the field next door so you can hop over there Saturday morning.

Only issue is that I can only get 6 tables, so I need access to extra tables at reasonable or no cost ( Kevin aka Knife said something about the USO ? )

so let's talk and let me know who is interested and can make it May 25th ?

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 03-07-2019, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Unfortunately the USO is at the main Dayton airport. I was confused about the location to begin with. My mistake.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM

At worse, I can rent tables at $9 each or 11 tables for $100

There is a delivery charge of approx $70 so at worse the total will be around $170 and that is all.

This is comparable in price to the Hope hotel room rental last year. However, as I said, the Hope hotel is out of the way and we can get more outside visitors at the Wright Brothers airport.

In any case, I am open to consider other venues as well. I will ask to see if the Air Force museum can host us, but that requires more coordination and they can cancel us on a whim is something comes up for them.

So for now, I need to know who is coming if we select May 25th as the date?

I will run a poll a bit later

Isaac
Old 03-09-2019, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Count me in! By the way, I could probably give arrivals to the Dayton International a lift into town, depending of course, the time (no midnight arrivals!).

Jim
Old 03-09-2019, 12:22 PM

Folks

I need more responses to make this event happen.

I'll post a poll soon

Isaac