PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
Airshow Funding/Sponsorship

Dear paper friends and family,

As we start 2019 I am looking for help with one of the events that I attend to promote paper modeling. I "Volunteer" with a fantastic local air museum here on the east coast and they have me on a first name basis to help with their events. They bring me in to talk shop and display the paper models that I have built through the years to help educate patrons. the models them selves help to show the variety of subjects from WWI, WWII, and Korea that are not available at the museum (or don't exist) and are not airworthy. The museum loves that I have been growing a small fleet of their birds to display on the table and the kits get a kick out of asking questions about the models, their subject matter, and how they are built.

I have been doing this show alone or with my girlfriend for the past 6 years and have to take off work and with working part time in retail it takes a bit of financial planning to work the show for 4 days straight. So I am approaching the paper modeling community for help with making a donation to the museum to help keep my spot available. im looking for any people who would like to sponsor the space so that I can keep the museum aircraft flying and to also keep the public informed as to our hobby. I can afford everything else but the event space. I Will purchase a banner and all that would like to donate will have their names added to the banner as sponsors (if they wish. can include screen name or full name) so that they know that this isn't just some hole in the wall group of people.

The event is Warbirds Over the Beach sponsored by the Military Aviation Museum and is a show dedicated to WWII and Korean prop and jet aircraft. Its one of the largest private collections on the east coast and is 80% airworthy. The owner of the museum loves my work and even makes it a point to visit my booth and talk and to see what new projects I have.

If this post is not allowed I can delete. IF it is ok I can get contacts and message people privately if they wish to help support. Also have included pics from previous events ive attended.

Shane "Thepaperguy" Webb

https://militaryaviationmuseum.org/
Attached Thumbnails
Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3438.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3427.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3437.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3482.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3452.jpg  

Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3431.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3306.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3316.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_3315.jpg   Airshow Funding/Sponsorship-100_4243.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-13-2019, 01:47 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I moved the thread to the Museum subforum, fits better here.

I hope you can continue displaying at the museum, I would also recommend posting this on the forum's facebook group page to catch those who might not be members here.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-14-2019, 04:18 PM

Keeping this bumped up.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:41 PM

bumping up for viewing
Old 03-07-2019, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
This is great ! I did something like this for a few years atmy local air museum (SAC Museum in Omaha). I worked for the education department part time, and made models of many of the museum's actual aircraft (With Murph's help in deisgn). I did a few workshops during the Indoor Airshow (R/C planes) and during summer flight camps. At one point, there were at least 10 models in the office and research library that I had built. They have since disappeared, but I know that some of the employees took them when they left the museum.
Google Adsense
Old 03-07-2019, 06:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Which museum is it? Tell us some more about it please

I volunteer at the USAF national museum in Dayton Ohio and also display my paper models there every so often.

Isaac
Old 03-09-2019, 03:46 PM

The Military Aviation Museum in Pungo VA. The link at the end of the starting thread/post here will take u there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Which museum is it? Tell us some more about it please

I volunteer at the USAF national museum in Dayton Ohio and also display my paper models there every so often.

Isaac
Old 03-14-2019, 11:39 AM

bumping for visibility
Old 04-22-2019, 12:35 PM

another bump
Old 04-22-2019, 06:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
One of these days I want to get out to the Museum in Virginia. Just gotta get everything to line up.
Google Adsense