PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-09-2019, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
weekend of models

Some of you will know that I "work" as a volunteer at a National Trust house.

This weekend They held a craft market, so I asked the organisers if paper modelling was a craft. They said yes, so I took a few box loads of models to the house. The craft market was held in the grounds of the house, but I convinced the organisers that open air exhibitions for paper models wasn't a good idea. Luckily, they agreed so I was given one of the indoor rooms. I ended up with about 5 tables (I know where they are kept!)

Over the weekend at least 1,000 visitors came round the house and my room became a bit of a bottle neck. The following pictures were taken after the house closed. Most of the models will be know to modellers. However one is unique in that it was made by our grandson who was about 7 when he made it and gave it to me as a present. It's an Arctic scene including seals and penguins. His parents brought him to the exhibition but didn't tell him his model would be there.

The last picture is a small table with a window seat that overlooks the garden
and was aimed at the kids ( the models - not the table!) One is Paper Pino's anti-gravity machine - I've never seen so many open mouths when the cone rolled uphill. The model at the front of the table may not be known to many, unless they come from the Czech Republic. This kit is in a recent edition of the ABC magazine. At first sight it looks like 3 birds sitting on trees. However the trunks are whistles and under the green bases are bellows. Pressing the bellows blows the whistles - each one being a different note. I am quite surprised that the bellows still work after being hit so many times!

The other items are a variety of bits taken from YouTube, including a prototype for the Christmas tree decorations that will appear around the house in December.

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
weekend of models-img_3273.jpg   weekend of models-img_3274.jpg   weekend of models-img_3275.jpg   weekend of models-img_3276.jpg   weekend of models-img_3277.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-09-2019, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
An eclectic collection, Mike!

Wyvern
Old 09-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I don't really know how I would put together a 'diversified collection'. Nicely done.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Well done on that Mike!

And a great collection models that are, in my humble opinion, also very well chosen from an educational point of view.

Having been lucky enough to have been at the house I can also image models in their setting as well, so looking at the pictures was also fun for me...
Old 09-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
A very nice collection, Mike.
Google Adsense
Old 09-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That is a nice selection of models and subject matter. The folks visiting probably had a great time viewing and playing with them.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks for all the compliments.

I know I talk a lot but this weekend beats them all.

If all the people do what they say Creative Park and Pera models will be overwhelmed!

Cheers
Mike