PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 01-10-2020, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Far as I know I’ll still be living in Herndon in November. If we want to try to put together an excursion to the Manassas battlefield I’m happy to offer my services as I’m a park volunteer staffer. I could possibly even do a tour in period costume.

Wyvern
If you decide you want to try this, let me know and I'll mention it in the information emails when I send them out. Send me an IM, or email pansoff [at] pobox.com, and we can confer on details.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
I am bummed! Although I will be in Virginia that weekend, I will be attending my niece's wedding, which I'm sure will be fun, but just not the same as seeing you guys. Especially since I missed this past year.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:13 PM

Greetings All,

Registration information for the 2020 International Paper Modelers' Convention is now posted in the download section (or at least it will be as soon as it's approved!). The dates are 6-7 November 2020, in our usual location at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Sterling, Virginia, USA, right down the highway from Dulles International Airport. Information about the special room rate at the hotel is on the form. The format will be the same as in previous years; details are in the tentative schedule which will also be posted soon. I'll also be sending out the usual email alert to the mailing list shortly. As always, you can send me the filled out form now and pay when you get there -- we need the form to get headcount for the meals and display table arrangements. Nobody knows what the COVID-19 situation will look like by November, but we're crossing our fingers and hoping that the show will go on. If it doesn't, we'll of course give you a full refund of your registration if you've already paid.

More information to follow. If you have any questions in the meantime, post them here, send me a PM or email me at pansoff [at] pobox.com. SF&G, and looking forward to seeing everyone in November!
Old 05-18-2020, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Hope 'Rona won't make it virtual.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:35 PM

All,

Unfortunately, we've had to cancel this year's IPMC. The hotel was still willing to host us, but we wouldn't have been able to comply with Virginia's COVID-19 restrictions without fundamentally changing the character of event (for the worse). Fortunately, the hotel was willing to roll our deposit and over to 2021, and I'm working with them on dates. The consensus among our informal "Board of Directors" was that we should shoot for our usual late-October time slot, and I'm hoping that we can do that. More to follow.

This is only the second time since 1997 that we haven't had an IPMC. We'll miss seeing everyone, ogling at each others' models, talking to the public, bidding in the auction, etc. The only good news is that you'll have an other year to work on your entry for the special award -- the category is "Flyin' Things" (see Don Boose's earlier post in this thread for details). Keep your fingers crossed for 2021!

SF&G,

Peter Ansoff
Google Adsense
Old 09-19-2020, 05:16 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I'm saddened but not surprised. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2021.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
I’ll miss getting together with everyone.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Drat the ‘Rona.

Wyvern
Old 09-23-2020, 10:19 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
I understand...

Any way we could have a virtual meet?

Not the same, by far, but something?