PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 03-16-2021, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
A history of exhibitions

I was looking for some information for a friend and one of the sights was Heritage models. Rather than looking at the kits I clicked on his pages of "Model show reports". I enjoyed looking back to these shows and rather surprised that the first one was last century!!!

Home

For anyone thinking of organising a show this will give you an idea of what you can do with just one phone call to an IPMS show organiser. This is assuming that exhibitions will... one day return !

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2021, 04:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Hello Mike,

Speaking of Heritage Models, I remember my days at Seagull Model in South Kensington. We stocked some kits called Heritage Models which I was led to believe were exclusive to Seagull, although I have doubts about that. I made their St Paul's Cathedral. Other titles included Tower of London, York Minster and Windsor Castle.

I was wondering if there were a connection between that of which I speak and the models of Roger Pattenden?
Old 03-17-2021, 05:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
I remember Seagull ! I used to buy the Micromodels from there. The models you mentioned were packaged in the same way as micromodels but a lot bigger. You may be interested in the following

Heritage Models •

I'm not sure when Roger started designing kits. They are completely different from "yours". They are hand designed and a lot bigger - and in colour.

What happened to Seagull? I know they closed but a new shop opened just up the road from "you" on Exhibition road.

At one of the shows a visitor said she had seen us the previous year and thought I'd like some kits she had found in her late father's house - It was three of "your" Heritage kits.

Cheers
Mike
Old 03-17-2021, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Ah, so they're different animals then. Thanks Mike. I'll send you a PM regarding the demise of Seagull.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
I remember seagull models also got micromodels there or my mom did they made good stocking fillers. was shown their heritage models. but on my next visit, they had shut.
I got later buc plaice and st paul's of eBay

Google Adsense
Old 03-19-2021, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.06 GB
15 Exhibition Rd. South Ken was my first exposure to card models too. Briefly after they closed down you could buy models next door at number 17.

I have a price list from those days and it mentions Heritage Models as "Our own line". As Philip mentioned. Very reasonably priced at £1.20
H1 York Minster
H2 St Pauls Cathedral
H3 Buckingham Palace
Must have been before the Tower joined the series.

They sold a range of P&O ships Sun Princess, Oriana, and Canberra but I've never seen them since.

Also on one visit the owner was working on an RN ship. It looked very promising. I think it was uncoloured and suspect it was a prototype which never made it to a kit. As I remember a Type 42. Sheffield was the first of the class so would have been very new at the time.

Great pity when they closed down.