PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 06-29-2021, 01:06 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
American Heritage Museum

I paid a visit to this amazing museum on Sunday (closed Mon and Tues). It is an armor enthusiasts dream with many vehicles that can be seen no where else in North America: Sherman "Jumbo", Is-2, Stug III, M1A1 Abrams, SCUD missile and carrier, Pzkfw IA, and many others. These are not just "trailer queens" either, many are capable of being driven. My favorite exhibit was an unrestored Japanese self propelled gun Type 4 "Ho-Ro". Only 12 of these were built, and this is the only survivor. There are also some aircraft on display: a Bf-109G in flying order, a P-40B which was hangered for repair at Hickam field when Pearl Harbor was attacked, Grumman Wildcat and Hellcat. On site are aircraft and auto museums, which are only open on special event weekends. The museum is located in Hudson MA, (Worcester closest "big" city) I took photos, but they aren't very good. Visit the website The American Heritage Museum to see better images and upcoming events. Highly, highly recommended.
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2021, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
I wasn't aware of this museum. Looks pretty cool. It's a little over 4 hours from me without traffic so maybe not a day trip but definitely worth looking into for a 2- or 3-day mini vacation.I've also been meaning to get to the Aberdeen museum in Maryland but some of their displays have moved to Ft. Lee.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Wow! Very interesting museum.

On my next trip down, will plan a trip to hit as many museums as I can. Davis-Monthan and the Titan Missile one in AZ are already on the list.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mike