PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-13-2009, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Ok you guys let’s see what ya got to show us.

Once again The IPMS Orange County Club is having their annual OrangeCon Model show on Saturday, October 17th, 2009 at the California State University, Fullerton Titan Conference Center. This is the primer IPMS club in Southern California and we are very Paper Model friendly. There will be a separate category for all paper models and you can enter your paper models in the plastics categories, I have competed with the plastics and have been awarded trophies so it can be done. You do not need to be a member to show your models.

Aside from the Paper Models there will be on display a huge array of some of the finest plastic models you will ever see that alone is will worth your time to come and see.

Spectator admission is free contestant admission is $10.00 with a $1.00 registration fee for each model entered in the contest. You may also bring your models for display without entering the contest.

Personally I would like to meet you guys and see your models. This is a great opportunity to meet with other Paper Modelers and share modeling techniques and see if we resemble our avatar’s, but I’ll warn you that I do look like mine.

Jim Nunn
Old 09-13-2009, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Might have to try to make that. Haven't been over to OC this year. There's a car show in Buena Park on Sunday, or if you have any money left from the IPMS meet the Pomona swap meet. Use the credit card for gas, hotel and eats; keep the cash for toys...UHMM.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Oh, sounds like a plan! October 17th..a Saturday...I'll have to ask my parents first. But I would really love to go meet you master crafters. Oh gosh I feel so giddy!

I personally wouldn't have a model to present, because I'm still painstakingly working on my ISU-152, won't be done till Decemeber. Oh, and I look like my avatar
Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
The Orange

It’s a large club, Ask for me, David Okamura or Bob Penikas I am sure that we will be there for the day.

In this day and age I know parents are concerned about their kids meeting strangers I know I would be. If it is a question of transportation or your parents have some other plans for the day I would be willing to supply transportation for you and a chaperone. If your parents wish to talk to me about my offer of transportation drop me a note via private message and I would be happy to call them. That’s assuming you live within a reasonable distance.

I started building paper models when I was a littler older then you and it has been a life long hobby and I would like to encourage you in your modeling efforts.

Jim Nunn