PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-28-2009, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Kennedy Space Center-Nasa Complex pics

Hi!

Last week, my wife and I went over to the Kennedy Space Center, and took LOTS of pictures! IF anyone is interested, and would like them I took some detail phtos in the Rocket Garden of a THOR variant, Atlas Agena, and Mercury, a a Juno, the ORION Capsule mock-up that was on display, and....other stuff:D Just contact me, and I'll try and send ya what I got, especially you other designers, my plate is way over full with ideas already.

So here's a few...
One, of the Vehicle Assembly Building, taken over my shoulder as we drove by, if you look closely through the openings, the shuttle's main fuel tank, including the tip, can be-sorta seen on the left (orange blur), and the new Aries rocket, up to the tip (white blur) can be sen on the right.

I hope I didn't make these too big for posting....

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Kennedy Space Center-Nasa Complex pics-ksctuesday092209orionmock1-small.jpg   Kennedy Space Center-Nasa Complex pics-ksctuesday092209vab-shuttlemainfueltankleft-ariestipright.jpg   Kennedy Space Center-Nasa Complex pics-kscwednesday092309crawlermaint.jpg   Kennedy Space Center-Nasa Complex pics-cape-kennedy-tuesday092209-vehassybldg.jpg   Kennedy Space Center-Nasa Complex pics-kscwednesday092309enteringgarden.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Looks like a great trip! I need to get back there some time.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM

The most awe-inspiring place on Earth..

Did you get a chance to visit the Saturn facility?

Wonderful place.

Ken
Old 09-30-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
The most awe-inspiring place on Earth..

Did you get a chance to visit the Saturn facility?

Wonderful place.

Ken
Of Course! :D
They've added a few things since our last visit there in 2005. Although, unlike my last trip, which was the first time I saw how big the Saturn V is, I wasn't quite as Gob-Smacked. I think I took almost 100 photos of it last time.
We have annual passes, and live less than 3 hours away. We'll be going there next month to see the scheduled Atlas-V launch,and maybe the Ares too. I also want to-HAVE TO- see a shuttle launch, as there are only 6 left.
Hint if you visit- Get the plastic souvenier (sp) drink cup from the Saturn-V complex. They'll refill it all day, everywhere for free. Also, it's alot handier than the shuttle-sipper, a bit cheaper, and definately easier to carry!
Eric
Old 09-30-2009, 04:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Great place allright...Its been too long since I was there, Ill have to try again before the Shuttle retires...

John John
Google Adsense
Old 10-02-2009, 03:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Such an amazing place to have close to your home. I hope to visit someday, but I'm pretty sure it will not be before the Shuttle's retirement :(
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Old 10-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
I sure wish i could visit this remarkable place Eric. Enjoy the shuttle whilst you can, as much as i like the Shuttle, you still can't beat the awesome Saturn V