PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 11-26-2009, 04:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Model Show in UK

Once again a few of us have been invited to the Milton Keynes Scale Model Club's annual show.

The next date is 7 February 2010. Unfortunately we are only given a few tables and those who came last year will know it's a bit tight on space. Anyway, all are welcome to come along and have a chat.

I hope to have news of another display later next year - it's all a bit tentative at the moment, but it's possible that there will be a display of some of my models as part of an exhibition of card model kits at one of the London Museums.

Cheers
Mike Stamper
Google Adsense
Old 11-26-2009, 06:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Fantastic! unlikely I can get there but hey one never knows!

I have an idea and contacts for a possible venue in the north... would be particularly good for a display of sailing ships... or just ships in general.

D
Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
I'll be there, but on the Bedford stand;

Herewith link to the clubs site:

Bedford and District Scale Model Club

Tim
Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 AM

D-H

I looked on the IPMS web site and checked out their list of model shows then contacted the show closest to me.

I explained what we did etc and asked if they would let me have a few tables. As all the shows are organised by model clubs, I found it easier to "create" The UK Card Model Club - organisers find it easier to deal with clubs.

Once I had the space I "advertised" on a card model list - It's been going long before the Fora ! I was lucky to find a few people who were interested and were also good model makers. We have been exhibiting for about 10 years. The only "club activity" is an occasional dinner.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
There is a "UK Card Model Club"? While I tend to share Groucho Marks' views on clubs this intrigues me... I am more an informal association sort of guy!

I have friends who are curators at a small museum with a great collection of ship models, all types from amateur works, to fantastically detailed "admiralty" types and even builders yard models. I think the museum's collection and our hobby could be mutually reinforcing?

D
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stamper View Post
Once again a few of us have been invited to the Milton Keynes Scale Model Club's annual show.

The next date is 7 February 2010. Unfortunately we are only given a few tables and those who came last year will know it's a bit tight on space. Anyway, all are welcome to come along and have a chat.

I hope to have news of another display later next year - it's all a bit tentative at the moment, but it's possible that there will be a display of some of my models as part of an exhibition of card model kits at one of the London Museums.

Cheers
Mike Stamper
Mike

I am interested in 'joining' the club. I'll be along to Milton Keynes and will pop in to say hi. Would you be interested in displaying some paper model skyscrapers, which are a particular favourite of mine?

Robin
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 AM

I've not been keeping up with threads for a while, and it looks like I have two replys to make!

D-H. We don't have a "proper club". We are a few modellers in the SE of England who get together for the show, although we do have dinner once in a while.

Having an official name helps the organisers of shows. So how about "advertising" on the forum for modelers in your part of the country. Also have a look at the IPMS web site to see if there are any shows in your area in 2010. Give yourselves a name - how about "Noth of England card modellers". Then contact the organisers of the model shows and ask them if you can have a few tables at worse - they can only say "no" - I can help you with some pictures of our shows to give the IPMS people some idea of what they will be getting if you need help in convincing them.

If you get an invite - advertise it on the form and see what sort of reaction you get !

Robin,

We'd be please to meet you - bring a few models along and we will see if we have any space - as I mentioned - not only do we have only a few tables but the area around them is tight gets very crowded.

Cheers
Mike
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Best to get there early - It gets very busy.

First big show after Christmas, and all that.

Tim
Old 12-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Might drop by again, provided time...
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Lex,

I hope you have time, I'd love to see some more of your creations.

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense