PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > No Comfort and Joy Challenge

Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
You always have been quite the artist Glen. I still like looking at your Boeing 40 sketches that came with the FG model. I wish happy rigging upon you
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm patiently waiting, Glen! The drawing looks great. My one and only sailing ship took me three years to build and the rigging was half of it. That was a two master from AL - le Hussard. I didn't have the internet back then, but I did have a lot of books that I spent a lot of time studying - and still do - sailing ships are just fascinating.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Thanks Willygoat and Jim. I've done more general sketches of the rigging plans, but now trying to figure out individual blocks and run of the lines. I think these ships are so attractive, started a few years ago by reading Alan Villier's articles and books, amazing stuff. The wheat races (totally different type of sailing vessel and era) including the fright around the Horn in the Parma, his descriptions are fabulous one can imagine the old graybeards...