PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > No Comfort and Joy Challenge

Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Hehehe... That's funny Shrike :D
Old 10-23-2010, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
Not written off, just set aside a couple of weeks for mental stability.
Willygoat, You wrote this almost 2 years ago..... Speaking as an interested observer, I vote that you dust off the Starship and give us all something to look forward to.

I'd love to see the completion of this model as I'm sure that you would too.

Please consider getting it finished.

Swampfox
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM

Thanks Swampfox. Well, the inital level of crushing has been overridden during our basement finish project. The previous work has been completely ruined. But, the Starship is on my shortlist of builds. I have one I need to finish that's started, and I'd like to start on the derKampfflieger B-47, but after that is the Starship. Maybe I'll do multiple builds. I do have a couple of weeks off over Christmas break
Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks Swampfox. Well, the inital level of crushing has been overridden during our basement finish project. The previous work has been completely ruined. But, the Starship is on my shortlist of builds. I have one I need to finish that's started, and I'd like to start on the derKampfflieger B-47, but after that is the Starship. Maybe I'll do multiple builds. I do have a couple of weeks off over Christmas break
Beggers can't be choosers. I'll take what I can get. If you can do a multiple build, more power to you.

Say, is that a photo of the SAC Museum at Mahoney State Park near Ashland, Nebraska? (Next to your name in the header) I spent 3 days at that museum, my wife spent 3 days at Mahoney;-) We both had a great time.

Thanks,
Swampfox
Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 PM

You got a good eye. it is indeed the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Ashland! I work there part time during the school year and full time in the summer. It's my happy place :D When were you here in town?
Google Adsense
Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
You got a good eye. it is indeed the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Ashland! I work there part time during the school year and full time in the summer. It's my happy place :D When were you here in town?
In 2003 my wife and I took a cross country driving trip to visit a couple of aviation museums and ended up at Kitty Hawk, NC for the 100 years celebration of the Wright Bros. 1st flight.

The SAC Museum was one of those museums.... I was totally impressed with the collection, displays, buildings....it must be a great place to work. It would be my happy place too. They had a special MASH display on the lower level while we were there.

It was also my first viewing of a Vulcan Bomber, that is one big a/c. The whole collection is just amazing. Excellent work you guys do.

Take care,
Swampfox
Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM

Wow, that's a long time to remember a picture. Must have been a real nice time! If you're ever back in the area let me know. I'd love to meet up. Plus, there's a few new acquisitions since you've been here :D
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM

It was very impressive and memorable.

I pass through the area once in a while, next time I'll get in touch and plan on spending a day looking at the new additions.

later,
Swampfox
Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 PM

sounds good!