PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > No Comfort and Joy Challenge

Old 08-03-2008, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
NCAJC-Cleopatra shipyard

I'm slapping in an incomplete former shot, just to show my start. I think this will be alot of work, but hopefully worth it, I don't expect to have her rigged by x-mas, though.
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJC-Cleopatra shipyard-img_1772.jpg  
Old 08-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Nice start. You certainly took the contest to heart with this one
Old 08-05-2008, 09:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I think this will be the first Shipyard build I've seen. Sailing ships have held me at bay so far, but just seeing the detail of these models tempts me. I'll be looking forward to your build and any tips or observations on the kit you may have.
Chris
Old 08-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Looks like you're off to a good start. I'll be following along closly.
Keep up the good work.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very nice, Glen. I know it will look great and it will be fun to watch the Wicked Wench grow.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM

Thanks guys have been out of town for a few days, and found more models to buy! Did see the only airworthy Ki 43, though, as well as some nice tidepool critters. I'm trying to design another plane and build this ship, this will be some task. I bought a p-38 from PMI, Lou has his OWN p-38, it is much simpler than some, but is printed on silver paper and looks nice to me(1/33). I saw some of Lou's models built up and they are pretty nice, no computer work there, they were designed some time ago. Simple but quite accurate and have formers printed on heavy stock as part of the kit.
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJC-Cleopatra shipyard-oscarcrop.jpg  
Old 08-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Nice shot of the Ki 38. Where is that one?? I've also got the PMI P-38. It's a very good looking kit. The silver really makes the difference on it. I have built the PMI Corsair and quite honestly was somewhat disappointed, but the P-38 looks to be a better kit. I look forward to seeing your experience with it!
Chris
Old 08-09-2008, 10:57 PM

The Oscar's at Tillamook Air Museum, no ropes around it, my son is actually leaning on it, I crawled around under it to photo the gear bay, crazy. I was excited to hear it was there and have lots of photos. Last time we were there Sawyer climbed up the wing of the dc-3 for photos, lots of cool stuff there, p-38 tangerine, grumman duck, "me 109" the type used in the movie Battle of Britain, funny looking birds with right side up merlins, nice PBY, ect. To see a airworthy Oscar, though even if it is P+W powered presently, I think its a great stop if you're in NW Oregon.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 PM

Oh, on the pmi kits, the p-38 really looked good built as did the p-39(which I think I;ll pick up, too as its easy build in 1/33) I looked at the Corsair too, built as well, didn't make me want to buy it, but the hellcat and wildcat looked pretty good. As I say they are simpler models, but much could be done with them, the wire gear setup on the wildcat looked good to me. He sure has alot of stuff, was impressed, I don't know where all that inventory will go when he shuts the doors at the end of the year.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM

sighting down the keel to glue formers to keel. I think will when pretty dry turn to topside and be certain no visable twist then glue the rest. Sorry if the formers look disorganized, I'm planning to spend alot of time making them fair before any attemps to cover if I can. These formers will not be visable, and have not tried to make them pretty, just cut as accurately as poss(for me) and pressed them flat if any laminating done with white glue, not so good for formers of this size.
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJC-Cleopatra shipyard-img_1930.jpg