PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Current Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Oddball-o-rama contest

Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post

kacrut - no repaints UNLESS they are made available to the public - pending Aarons approval. Same goes for commercial repaints. If Made available in my shop then you would get 40% of sales as well.
Thanks
Chris

Roger, Roger.... Aborting repaints mode ... RTB
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Here's an idea for repaints:

1: Send them to me so I can add them to the CD folder and my Facebook page.
([email protected], 25mb max email size)
2: Send them to ecardmodels.com so they can be offered in the shop.
3: Post pics.

Then they can count as available to the public.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Cool. What trouble will a guy get in for making these changes to your rescue truck? See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Oddball-o-rama contest announcement!-475200089_3ceeeb4dc1.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Have you downloaded it yet? You might find you won't have to work as hard to make those changes (I'm an Emergency! fan too)
Old 02-13-2012, 11:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Cool! No, I haven't got my models yet, I am updating mu ecardmodels info first!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I think before everyone starts building doing his own thing, there needs to be some further definition of the rules. It appears that the intent of the contest is to provide Chris with photos of the finished kit to be placed on the "details" page associated with the kit. If that is the case (and I want no one to interpret this as a negative slam regarding the contest....Chris is being very generous to the hobby), there needs to be some definition of how far the contestant is going to be allowed to deviate from a strict "as the kit is provided" guideline. As a died-in-the-wool kitbasher and innovator, I fully understand the overwhelming desire to "improve" the base kit by adding details, recoloring, resizing, etc. However, as the apparent intent of the contest is to convince the customer to click the PURCHASE button, it will do the customer (and ultimately Chris) a big disservice to show a final model with detailed interiors, beaucoup implements of destruction hanging from the wings, etc., when the kit delivered to the purchaser has none of these things. If my assumption regarding the contest intent is correct, the rule should be that the kit be assembled exactly as supplied and as directed by the instructions; no modifications allowed, including rescaling and substitution of joining strips for tabs. I can already feel the heat from the flames this post is going to generate (I'm personally screaming at myself since I deathly hate the appearance of lap joints as opposed to butt joints, and would like to have a consistant scale for my model fleet), but I strongly believe in the principle behind truth in advertizing.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
No flaming from me, Darwin. I agree with you nearly completely. I have page 1 of my entry all printed out, and am about 5 minutes from starting to build as designed, lap joints and all (which I also hate, but in this case only, I'll use them). I think it'll be OK to rescale since you can't tell the size of the finished model from a photo, but the use of internal strips will give a much smoother finish than is possible with lap joints, and any photos would give a false impression of what the builder can expect from the kit if he/she were to build it as designed. So, mine'll have (ugh!) lap joints. I'm off to the dining room to begin. To all who participate - enjoy!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Wellll...

the whole tabs versus strips thing is, in my opinion, a none-starter since it is a basic building technique 'choice' to cut off tabs and substitute strips. Sort of like cutting on the inside or outside of the lines...

RE: rescaling, if it doesn't change the appearance of the finished model appreciably, why not? Not having inifinite time for building, I'd like something I can add to the rest of the 1:48 scale collection.

Believe you me - I have been burned by OLD Revell's 'trick' of showing a 'prototype model' on their kit boxes in the past (one being a 1:32 scale model from another manufacturer...[F-14]) that certainly did not represent what was in the kit. But minor changes to sizing or use of strips vs tabs shouldn't be an issue since it is something that *any* modeler can achieve. Adding an interior or swapping wheels, ah, no.

One more thing - there is a C-46??
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Yup, two of them at ecardmodels.com

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
As a member of the ECM staff, we aren't so picky about our photos that you must build with lap joints if the kit comes with them or can't rescale. We just prefer that the model photos don't show obvious major additions or have objects that would show a deviance in scale. Build the model with your normal style and to your preferred scale if you can mask the scale in your photos (ie, we'll be able to tell if you try a 1:33 model in 1:400 scale and skip a bunch of parts), but many of us can pull off 1:72 or even 1:200 without loss of detail. Small additions like rigging, antennae, a vacuform canopy, etc. are fine.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense