PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
#1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99

And so it begins. This model consists of 4 pages of parts and and 5 1/2 pages of description/instructions all in Polish. The parts pages are on a fairly good quality heavy, but stiff paper. The instructional drawings appear clear and complete.

The internal formers are to be laminated up to 1mm there does not seem to be any indication of what thickness any of the others laminated parts should be.

Here is the interior shell glued up and sanded. It seems nice and square. There are some gaps between the plates but I assume they are there for good reason.
Attached Thumbnails
#1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-.jpg   #1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-b.jpg  

Last edited by dansls1; 07-02-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Congrats on getting the ball rolling! I looked at my copy of this one and it looks to be a nice model. Good luck and don't go too fast! Give the rest of us a chance!
Chris
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Bon voyage, Douglas!

Great beginning!

Don
Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 AM

Thanks Don & Chris. Can't wait to see your builds start.

I got the skin on the top, bottom and one side. The bottom skin required a small trim job. There is a small gap at the top rear of the side panel (not visible in these photos) otherwise everything is fitting together very well.

The second picture shows the inner structure for the drivers position and gun support deck. It also has some gaps in it that should not effect construction. The gaps on the main body support structure were no problem as predicted.
Attached Thumbnails
#1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-c.jpg   #1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-d.jpg  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 PM

More progress.

The turret is almost complete. Some hatches and vents built as well as the exhaust. Most of the sub-assemblies are just sitting on the hull at this point. I'll glue them on once they are complete. So far just some minor trimming to do. The solid color means no camo pattern mismatches so I'm lucky there. The turret is the bayonet mount type.

Road wheels are rapidly approaching - yipee!
Attached Thumbnails
#1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-g.jpg   #1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-f.jpg   #1 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz PZInz 140 (4TP) 9/99-otdaeabt-e.jpg  

Last edited by B-Manic; 02-02-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Coming along very nicely!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
SLOW DOWN!!! You're ruining it for the rest of us!
Just kidding. You're doing fantastic. A very fast and clean build so far. I've never been a fan of the tank colors that MM used. They always seemed off somehow. Wait, now that I think about it, ALL the colors are off on the early MM kits!
Funny how MM kit colors so rarely matched the cover colors as well. There are even a couple of kits that have single color scheme depictions on the cover while the kit itself is camouflaged. The KI-61 kit shows a striking white plane with red lightening bolts on the sides, yet the kit is of a plain olive scheme. And the Lenin car kit I'm doing shows the summer version of the car that cannot even be built from the kit!
Sorry for the digression; looking forward to watching this one advance!
Chris
Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 AM

I'm not really spending that much time on the build. It just seems to be going together very easily. The only other MM kits I have built/attempted have been earlier aircraft and ships. They required considerably more time & effort.

The MM covers always look like a great model is just waiting inside. Then you build a few and learn not "to judge a book by its cover".

At any rate the wheels should slow me down and I have to decide how much effort to put into the tracks.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
This was the first tank I ever finished to completion. I thought it was pretty good. Yours is going much better, though :p
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 PM

Thanks Kuba - I just finished one of the wheels. It required some tricky adjustment. I'll post pictures after work Wednesday.
Google Adsense