PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 06-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Temporary Halt

As I have explained in my Marek Shoki thread, I have been unable to devote enough time to complete this fascinating model and will be unable to complete the contest. I do hope to finish it someday and will take the liberty of continuing this thread then, even though it will no longer be a contest thread. I also look forward to building the new Shiden-Kai just coming on line.

Best wishes to all the friends who have participated in this contest and many thanks to Old Toddlea.

Don
Old 06-27-2009, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I'm sorry to hear you will not be able to complete this build before the contest ends. I hope we see it completed later.

BTW - you expressed some interest in the the 7TP I am building so I thought you might like to know that WAK has a new kit. It looks like they also have laser cut frames/wheels and laser cut tracks for it.

Wydawnictwo WAK - Wroc?awskie Atrakcje Kartonowe

Old 06-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Many thanks, Douglas, both for the good wishes and for the info on this model. I like that Polish tank and hope to build one some day as a gift to my Polish son-in-law. I'm delighted to know that WAK now has their version on the street, and I will certainly acquire this model and the accessories. However, the first AFV on my to do list is the Japanese Type 94 Tankette.

Don
Old 06-27-2009, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Don, I'm sorry to hear you won't make it across the finish line. Regardless of that, it's been a genuine pleasure to have your company along the way. Isn't that what these competitions are all about, really? I look forward to seeing you get a chance to finish up your Japanese squadron and best of luck on your intriguing job.
Chris
Old 06-27-2009, 04:18 PM

Hi Chris! Good to hear from you. You are an incredibly busy person who manages to turn out a lot of very high quality models.

I agree that the value of these contests is the good company, the incentive to build (and in my case, to try to punch above my weight), the shared experience, and the wonderful models that result.

Don
Google Adsense