PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 03-23-2009, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Fantastic work Mike, you turned that MM kit into stunning model
Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That's a great looking Zero Michael! Wonderful build :D
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
A superb model, Michael!!!

Very good result out of this kit, and I think your love for J-fighters added the glamorous touch.

Last edited by milenio3; 03-23-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Thank you everybody for the kind words.
Most praise should go to the designer, Pawel Mistewicz, who created this little jewel.
There are only two mistakes in the kit - gap under the windscreen and the reversed propeller blades - very easy to fix and certainly not the type of headaches other builders in this contest have to endure.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Regardless of how well it is designed I'm sure I could make a mess of it. Your build, on the other hand is great and it as been an interesting process to watch.

thanks for sharing . . . cheers
Google Adsense
Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Withdrawn? Is this kit not within the limits as set forth for the contest. All of the builds in the contest are tops, but I feel you stand just as much right to include this kit as any other kits being built. To tell you just how impressed I have became from these builds, I just received two more kits from Kyrs today, both are Maly Modelarz kits, one is dtd 70/03, and too add icing on the cake, he added a bonus, a PZL-23B "KARAS", 9/2005, that is a free kit, and oh yea, MM to boot. I really like these old kits, but heck when you're a ole fart like me, you like ole things too!You keep that piece of art in the contest, and from the figure you put in front, I would say you are quite an accomplished military figure painter too!!!!!Some guys get all the talent.:DRick
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM

Thanks Rick - just in case I added the small print few posts below
Truth is that this kit fells into the timeframe of the contest, but this is all this kit has in common with the other contestants as far as design, printing, artwork etc.
Looking at what other builders have to go through to get decent result, I would really feel bad if my Zero was picked over other kits....
Old 03-24-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercut View Post
....and from the figure you put in front, I would say you are quite an accomplished military figure painter too!!!!!Some guys get all the talent.:DRick
Some guys really have talent to paint figures and that's why I either buy painted or commision the job to the professional :o
Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
Thanks Rick - just in case I added the small print few posts below
Truth is that this kit fells into the timeframe of the contest, but this is all this kit has in common with the other contestants as far as design, printing, artwork etc.
Looking at what other builders have to go through to get decent result, I would really feel bad if my Zero was picked over other kits....
I don't personally have a problem with your build being in the contest.

You have done a fantastic job of building a very interesting subject. If I built it I can almost guarantee the prop blades would have gone on backwards and the almost undetectable gap under the forward screen word be the least of my alignment problems.

I believe all entries that meet the criteria should be judged by their individual merits.

~ cheers