PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 06-29-2009, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
That's amazing Kevin - you have my vote. It really is hard to believe it is a MM model.

Thanks for sharing the build with us it has been fun and educational to watch.

-BZ-
Douglas
Old 06-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Definately a silk purse job

Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Great model! I missed it - did you end up building from a scan or is this the original paper too? Doesn't really matter, came out so nice - I was just curious
Old 06-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Nice!!!! Whatcha gonna build next? You're getting me in the mood for a tank...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That looks SO good, Kevin.

If we do get that display case at the Military History Institute reading room, I hope you will provide this one on loan as an exhibit.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2009, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Thank you all for your continued words of kindness, they really mean a lot to me.

Dan, to answer your question...I built this kit from scans. The paper from the original kit was just too aged and brittle to allow for good results. The only thing that I am not happy with is the color of the scans which turned out much lighter than the original printed sheets. If I were to do it over again I would adjust the color to match the actual sheets.

Redhorse, I'd love to see your tank build - Do you have anything special in mind? What ever you choose, please be sure to share it with us.

As far as my next project goes....I was informed earlier today from my better half that "there will be no more models for a while until you get some stuff done around the house" . :( Then she handed me a honey-do list that you would not believe. There must be at least 30 things on it that she thinks need to be done around here...lol.
Right now and more importantly, I need to focus on finding a job...(if anyone know of any positions in the direct mail or printing industry please let me know!) In the mean time I will probably be able to break away with a small project here and there, but I'm just not sure what it will be at this time. I also would like to get back to work on my Sherman build that was put on hold for this contest. My goal is to have it finished by October so that I can display it at the convention in DC. Anyways, I'll be sure to keep you updated on future builds weather they are big or small.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
That looks SO good, Kevin.

If we do get that display case at the Military History Institute reading room, I hope you will provide this one on loan as an exhibit.

Don
Don, that would be quite an honor. I would absoutuly love to have it displayed where people can enjoy it. It sure beats colecting dust on the shelves in my basement. Just let me know.