PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
A very elegant soloution Douglas

Old 03-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
A very elegant soloution Douglas

Old 03-24-2009, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The tracks look terrific, Douglas, but I do not understand how you got from photo 1 to photo 2 (other than through sorcery).

Don
Old 03-24-2009, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
There are free replacement tracks for the T-26/7TP at Fanatyk Kartonu - Modele FK - from memory these are individual links (for those that like a real challenge).

Regards,

Charlie
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Thanks Charlie - I checked out the files. There are two sets of tracks available for download. One for the moderately masochistic and one for the true enthusiast. If I was not so far into the ones I am making I might use the moderate set, perhaps next time.

Don - I just redrew the track parts with pencil and ruler on a piece of Candford's Dreadnought Grey card stock. This made for more a uniform design. Due to the thickness of the Canford card no lamination was required but I heavily scribed tread separation lines on the inside of the track. I also added a pad piece to the centre of the outside of each tread. I cut away the rectangular sprocket holes, glued on my bars, guides and pads and viola. Its not as realistic as the ones Charlie linked to but they look better than the kit parts without deviating to far from the designers intention. Using the colored card stock meant no edge coloring was required and resulted in a nice clean look.

Thanks Barry - I certainly was not going for elegant just doable. Cheers!

- I just finished laminating up all the running gear parts. My fingers are aching in anticipation, hopefully some of my punches will match up with circle sizes..

Thanks to all for the encouragement

Last edited by B-Manic; 03-24-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thank you for the explanation, Douglas.

As I said -- sorcery!

Don
Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Abracadabra it is then. This hobby is pretty magical when you think about. Creating highly realistic, albeit in scale, objects out of bits of flat coloured paper.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Here are the main wheels. At #1 there are too many teeth on the drive sprocket and they are not properly spaced to engage the track. I cut off the kit teeth a replaced them with doubled card stock. #2 indicates that the spaces and angles are not consistent between the supports and 3 shows that the supports are not even the same width. As # 2 & 3 did not prevent the wheels being built I left them as is.
Attached Thumbnails
#4 - TDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz 7TP 1/97-wheels-01.jpg   #4 - TDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz 7TP 1/97-wheels-02.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 05:09 PM

More running gear. I got some CA glue on the wheels so I'll have to tone that down somehow. This is a hand drawn kit so there are significant differences between parts that should be the same. Trim, sand and all is well. I also added some relief in black (axles and bands) to add some 3d detail. The close-up looks like the truck on the right is askew,I don't know why. It looks straight in reality (at least in mine).
Attached Thumbnails
#4 - TDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz 7TP 1/97-gear2.jpg   #4 - TDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz 7TP 1/97-gear1.jpg  

Last edited by B-Manic; 05-06-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added close-up :)
Old 05-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Nice job on the Vickers suspension.

How is it attached to the hull? - I had major problems with a T-26 (similar to the 7TP) model with the attachment points of the suspension.

Regards,

Charlie
Google Adsense