PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The part in question is a 90mm armored glass screen to protect the pilot when making head-on passes at B-17 bomber formations (all those .50's firing straight at him). I would make the part from scratch out of sheet plastic, super glued in place.

Matt (rocketfighter163)
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
Yes, Kuba, the landing gear are weak. The design doesn't have enough structural support. I added extra glue in the skid to help!
Hope I'm not stating the obvious but there is no landing gear, per se, for this aircraft. Just the skid, and it was not expected to balance on it when the plane came to a stop.

The take off dolly is poorly represented on the MM version. The FG version, as old as it is, is better detailed.

But I think the kit as a whole, built up great! The fuselage shape is quite nice and looks like the wings fit good too!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagolden01 View Post
Hope I'm not stating the obvious but there is no landing gear, per se, for this aircraft. Just the skid, and it was not expected to balance on it when the plane came to a stop.

The take off dolly is poorly represented on the MM version. The FG version, as old as it is, is better detailed.

But I think the kit as a whole, built up great! The fuselage shape is quite nice and looks like the wings fit good too!
Perhaps poorly stated by me, the weakness is in the design of both the supports for the skid and the take-off dolly. The skid supports aren't strong enough nor do they attach to the fuselage with any real support. The take-off dolly has no registration to the skid. There may be some suggestions in the Polish instructions for strengthening the entire assembly, but there's nothing in the diagrams to show it.
I agree that the general form is decent, but this is still not a kit for some one who expects a paper model to fit well!
Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 12:47 AM

would you recamend this kit?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Not really. I'm sure there are better kits of this aircraft available. If you can't find anything else, this one might be OK, but be prepared to do extra work to fit and color areas. As stated before, the overall form is pretty good, but the landing skid is especially weak.
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 03-10-2010, 03:26 AM

Well U did a GREAT job very beautiful