PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Thanks all for the input. Really appreciated!
Yes, Leif makes a persuasive case...seems he always does!:D Too bad the rebuilt one doesn't have the wheelpants! I m definitely intrigued by the RWD planes and do plan to build them.
But I think in this case I'll fold to the popular vote and go with the Hs123! As a JU-87 fan, I like the historic connection. And I get to try another radial engine!
I'll have to scan and print this one, not because I want to change anything, but my copy has one sheet where the Sky Blue/Green is noticably lighter than the other sheets. Then I'm off!
Chris
Old 02-21-2008, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Hs123 is nice, too. Is it one of the yellow-nosed ones?

And the RWDs remain in the pile, so someday we'll see them -- not long, at the rate you work, Chris.

Don
Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I agree with the RWD-5. The lines are just so classic golden age....reminds me greatly of the Spirit of St. Louis (which I just scored in stick and tissue on Ebay).
Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
I don't have any particular vote but just a word in defense of the tempest, it was a very easy and trouble free build imho!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:58 PM

Well, by doing the Hs 123, it'll give me time to attempt some recoloring on the RWD 5. All part of my master plan...
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Is your master plan to rebuild every Maly ever produced? If so, you've already made a dent!

Don
PS: My earlier question about the yellow-nose Henschel seems a little dumb, since the photo of the kit shows clearly that it ISN'T a yellow-nose, but with all that scanning and recoloring going on . . .
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
Is your master plan to rebuild every Maly ever produced? If so, you've already made a dent!

Don
PS: My earlier question about the yellow-nose Henschel seems a little dumb, since the photo of the kit shows clearly that it ISN'T a yellow-nose, but with all that scanning and recoloring going on . . .
Actually considering that just about every MM that we've tried to identify history on the specific plane has different lettering inside the kit than they do on the cover painting, it's a possibility that the model has a yellow nose even though it's not pictured that way on the cover
Old 02-21-2008, 08:14 PM

I think Dan's right. I'm continually amazed at how different the colors and markings are on the MM kits between the cover and the kit. This one is, however, not a yellow nose.
And, yes, my plan is to rebuild every MM kit ever made!!:D:D:D
Chris