PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

OK boys and girls...here are the rules for the Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest (OTDAEABT Contest for short).

You must be a member of this forum and purchase one or more model or models from me (www.oldtroll.com) between 10 JAN 2008 and 31 JAN 2008.

You will receive both good news and bad news when your order arrives; good news - an Indian Head penny; bad news - a Maly Modelarz kit dated between 1993 and 1998. The MM kit will be of the same type that you ordered - if you order aircraft, you'll get an MM aircraft, etc.

To qualify for the stupendous array of prizes I have planned you must do the following:

0. Provide your forum nickname (e.g., "OldTroll") when you place your order.

1. Complete construction of the Maly Modelarz model you received no later than 17 March 2008 (St. Patrick's Day - in honor of the priest who drove all the plastic modelers out of Ireland).

2. Construction of the model must be documented in the form of a build thread posted on this website. Your thread must be titled "OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz <insert name of model>" - for example "OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Nurnberg", and must contain at least five photos showing various stages of construction.

3. Every member who completes their assigned MM model will receive a reward based on a complicated, double-secret scoring method of my own devising. More about that later. Those who attempt but do not complete their assigned MM model (aka "doing a troll") will be held up to public ridicule. Those who do not attempt their assigned MM model shall be forced to sit in the Comfy Chair.

This contest is primarily for the amusement of the forum members and is not intended to disrespect Maly Modelarz who has always made topnotch models using the technology and materials available at the time.

Any complaints, rules questions, requests for the secret scoring formulae and bribes can be addressed to me at [email protected] - all will be summarily ignored (except the bribes).

HAVE FUN AND DON'T RUN WITH SCISSORS!
Google Adsense
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Ron,

Nice going, I like the concept.

I might join in

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Argghhh!

Now to do some weaseling with She Who Must be Obeyed to see if I can get more modelling money from the budget...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Boy........ this is just the incentive I needed to cut on a book!:p

And it might make me finish a model too!

john

My Drawings
Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
You would announce this AFTER I placed my order. This may cause divorce proceedings, but I guess I'll have to revisit your list.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
I have too many Maly kits from that time period to order more, and I was going to build one anyway. I also just know I wouldn't finish in time anyway :o
Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM

Gharbad - actually I'm not selling the MM kits, they are your punishment for buying up-to-date kits from me LOL
Old 01-09-2008, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I'd give it a try, but I still haven't finished the Christmas airplane, or the . . .
Old 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Oh Ron, I can anticipate your making many enemies on this one! Much cussing and nashing of teeth will occur as people realize these old kits have 4" gaps between skins and formers! My son and I tried one once and it was so bad we had the chuck it. What an adventure, but this will be fun to see!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Oh great, NOW you tell me!! I might have to buy another...must resist....must....(I'll probably fail; when I do, I'll let you know :D)

[email protected]
Google Adsense