PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
OTDAEABT Contest Richelieu

Not a build thread... I have until March of which year to build this? I merely want to thank Ron for sharing such a unique gift with me. Shall I describe it? Well, the color registration is good. It has YELLOW decks of a color that not even nature has even seen. Its portholes are so blue that an entire settlement of Nordic people could be sheltering inside. It also has the peculiarity of not displaying the scale of the kit anywhere at all. Oh, and the paper is like damp old newspapers. I would love :ahem: to build it for the contest but am restricted by earlier instructions from the contest commander to concentrate on Charlemagne and Galilée, which I am doing.

I also received a very nice 1866 3 cent piece which I actually will always treasure. Very neat.

Since I am laid up with a nasty cold/virus thing that I came down with in a remarkably short time on Friday, I spent today working on a non PE solution to the railing around the admiral's walk for Charlemagne. Maybe I'll even share it someday.

Many thanks for the bargain basement Lützow, Ron. I may actually build it someday. Dunno what to do with that red part of the hull, however.

Carl
Google Adsense
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Ah yes, the classic overly sharp colours... I tossed 2 models because of it. That, and the colours were misaligned by a full 2 mm.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
:DSo you're the one Oldtroll foisted that one off onto (how many participles can dangle from the tip of a pen?). Good luck with it.....you will need all you can scrounge for that one. Oh, those colors. But it's all for a good cause....isn't it? However, I don't think that one is quite as bad as the Tobruk insofar as color is concerned. If this snow ever lets up, I'm going to start the GPM Hood I negotiated for.:D
Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Well, it almost the Richelieu and almost paper. A 1:1200 model I built around 1967. I know it is beat up but considering the ups and downs my life took over the years it is lucky to have survived at all.

Carl
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest Richelieu-p2050003.jpg