PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-17-2008, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Oh, sorry to distract your nice build thread. But Ron said that you get points for silliness in your threads and I'm trying to help.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
OK, Ron, so tell me really slowly now WHY you wanted people to use perfectly good build time (ahem, Halinski kits for example?) on Malys? You're just cruel? Shoot, I have some really clunky stuff lying around that PMS sent me if you really hate somebody. Hey!! I just figured out why they sent it to me! Hmph.

Carl
What are the odds of getting anybody to participate in a group Halinski build with a completion date of 2 months? I think it'd fizzle pretty quickly :D

Nice looking cockpit!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Because.....if.....they.....do.....they.....might. ....get.....a.....Halinski/Modelik/Orlik/GPM.....monstro-model .....that.....they.....can.....spend.....the.....n ext.....year.....building. Oops, I may have been baited into revealing some of the prize structure. I hate it when I'm baited by a Bear, even un ours d'or.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:15 PM

Made ya flinch!

Now THAT is an idea. I've got a couple spare Halinskis and I bet some others do too. A Halinski contest - give the kits away free - with a time limit of two months. Shoot, that's a month longer than I need and 5 weeks longer than Ted would need. And the prize would be a Maly kit!

Geez I'm brilliant.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Yep, wire sure does have that ability. Lookin Great Darwin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
The cockpit tub is about complete. It's amazing how far a couple of bits of wire go dressing up a model.

Google Adsense
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Fine looking cockpit tub. The tube tutorial was useful. Thanks.

I do like the Ki-61!

Don
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
No pics to show just now....woke up this morning to four inches of new white s**t on the ground. The other half read the riot act, so the morning will be spend on the business end of the snowblower....a riot is an ugly thing. Oh, well....could be worse....could be raining.

So far (knock on wood), the parts fit has left nothing to whine about. I cut out the center section fuselage skin last night, and dry fitted the forward former....came out perfect. I deliberately cut the former a tad bit undersized to adjust for a joining strip. Based on the dry fit, once the strip is added, the fit should be perfect. The only gripe so far is that the ink tends to flake off the card stock surface at the fold locations, so I picked up a cheapo set of acrylic paints last night to do some touchup. The diagrams aren't all that clear regarding the instrument panel assembly. However, it looks as if I guessed correctly, as the final assembly looks right. More pics later today....SWMBO has spoken, and I'd better get to moving some snow around.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:36 PM

Now where did I put those ark plans?????
Old 01-19-2008, 11:31 AM

A little more progress. I encountered the first mismatch....the green portion of the center section forward bulkhead needed to extend about an eighth inch further down the bulkhead. Fortunately, not really visible.

OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Ki-61-center-section-1.jpg

OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Ki-61-center-section-2.jpg
Old 01-19-2008, 06:19 PM

I like how your spring loaded clippers in the top picture match your model! Oops, I'm not allowed to comment any more according to Ron. Well I've been working hard today but nothing to show for it.

nice work.
Google Adsense