PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
OTDAEABT Contest-Piotr Z Gdanska

Looks to be a fairly simple kit, printing is ok, color is....well, early 90s....bright yellow decks and all that....

Pics coming soon

(Message to OldTroll-you may want to put "Do not bend" on any packages you send in the future-our lazy @$$ mail person stuffed it into the mailbox instead of putting on our porch. Fortunately, neither model was damaged in the least )

[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 01-16-2008, 11:10 AM

Sorry for the bending; glad there was no damage. I'll mark future shipments accordingly.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
You're assuming the mail carriers listen to instructions... I don't think I've had a bendable package that wasn't bent, warning or no warning.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Marking the package just gives them confirmation they have a golden target of opportunity.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Since they didn't fit into the mail box, my three packages from Ron were each brought to our door by Terry, our friendly and courteous USPS letter carrier (of ten years standing), who handed them to my wife and, with the last one, said, "Looks like Don is going to be busy."

No complaints about letter carriers from this end, but I think we're just lucky. We have a lot of experiences like this, living in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I love it here.
Google Adsense
Old 01-16-2008, 05:12 PM

I have to confess our regular carrier seems to be as excited as me when he brings a package covered in Polish stamps to the door. I can't say I'm as happy with alternate carriers though. Can't really complain - I've only had a couple disastrous deliveries in the last 17 years at this address.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Funny, ours is perfectly reliable, but bad tempered. During the summer, or when no rain is predicted, I find packages on the walkway halfway through our garden. Our house is more than 200 years old and sits on a hill, with our basement exposed (we usually find packages at our basement door), so we have to go down the stairs, and through the path to get to our packages. Couldn't she at least go the extra 20ft to get to the basement??? (not that it'd be much different, since we can only access our basement from the outside, but it'd make me feel better!)

[email protected]
Old 02-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Not much to report, I have the main bulkhead glued to posterboard, but nothing more has been done. I'll try to get back to her next week.

(PS: am I still in the lead in the ship category )

[email protected]
Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Got some cutting done this week, the frame is on the way, with much more planned so I can have her finished by the deadline (hopefully).

Pics to follow, as soon as there is something to show!

[email protected]
Old 03-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Photos, Please! And lots of them if you can. I have this one on my short list. I've never done a ship like this before and I can use all the insight possible. Looking forward to seeing how you do. Please let us know what works and what doesn't.
Chris
Google Adsense