PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.60 MB
OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"

I have my "Judy"...need to finish Marek's Catalina first, the Catalina is a challenge, haven't seen any on this forum however I'm sure someone has successfully completed this model.

Anyway, should be able to get into the "Judy" soon, not sure about the rules but I tend to be a "mixer" usually have to incorporate some other materials into my models to provide realism, structural strength etc. Comes from being a scratch builder...hope I don't get kicked out of this group now that I've confessed...I'll probably be sent to the "cardmodeler's hell" section of the forum.

Actually cardmodeling is my favorite pastime, way more cardmodels, finished and unfinished than a person needs.

Pics and comments to follow.
Google Adsense
Old 01-17-2008, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Have no fear, bonuses and/or penalties will be handed out in a totally capricious manner.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:52 PM

I've started his Catalina twice but I OldTroll'd them both (i.e., I didn't finish them) - no fault to Marek, just my own ineptitude.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 PM

Finally got started on my "Judy"

Not much done yet but this looks like it's going to be a fun project. Not a lot of info on the web about this plane, cockpit armament, etc...may have to crack a reference book or two before I'm through.
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judya.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judyb.jpg  
Old 01-20-2008, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
Nice start! looking forward to the rest!!
Google Adsense
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM

Looks like the this fuselage former is a little undersize, needed to add a narrow strip of paper to tighten up.

Hope the rest of them are ok.
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judyc.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judyd.jpg  
Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
A good beginning. I had to add a strip of paper to one of my formers, too. You certainly do nice neat work.

Don
Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
This is a seriously interesting plane ... unlike some obscure English wannabe bomber or a German plane in Polish colors. Move along here! This is the champion waiting to happen! I'm looking forward to seeing this guy building.

Carl

(p.s. I posted several pictures of Charlemagne so I feel that I am allowed some kibitzing time. If you don't understand this then fine Old Troll 50 points in his own contest.)
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM

To all of you that regularly post in this forum my thread must be like watching paint dry. Well, it wasn't my idea to start this whole thing and somebody said that they like pictures!

So here goes...got the cockpit area of the fuselage together, the inside of the cockpit is in the fuselage but not yet in final position. I'm intending to do an open canopy (unless something bad happens then it will be closed). Not sure how the inside is supposed to look so a little creativity might be needed.

The D4Y4 was a suicide bomber model, without a rear seat, I like the D4Y3 better, it had the radial engine and a rear seat like the kit but I'm not sure about the rear facing gun. Anybody know if there was a rear facing gun in the Y3?
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judye.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judyf.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest-Yokosuka "Judy"-judyg.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 PM

I think the step-by-step photos are great. I have no info on this aircraft so can't help on detailing. On the plus side, anything you add to it will impress me and probably get you bonus points unless it looks like a Corsair.
Google Adsense