PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
LOL - Will, I think you answered in the wrong thread - time for your nap <<Unless this was not in response to the Corsair issue in the Judy thread - in which case it's time for my nap>>
Old 01-21-2008, 07:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
I just built an airplane in 4 days. Do you know when was the last time that happened? NEVER!!! Of course I need a nap!

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Will -- Congratulations! Fine looking model and super speed. Don
Old 01-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Will................ That another great job................. good build and nice model...............I really am going insaine, because this looks like another one to buy.............

Dang it Ron.............you are one devious fellow!

My Drawings
Old 01-22-2008, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks great, Will! And double secret points (points that even Ron doesn't know about) for threatening to hunt a judge down!
Google Adsense
Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willja67 View Post
Well the basics are all here, engines wings tail and a canopy so the wind doesn't peel Ivans face off.....
I see a little political education is in order, Comrade Will.....

This beautifull airplane would be piloted by Jan, not Ivan. After all, it has Polish airforce insignia on the wings
Old 01-22-2008, 08:44 AM

I must admit to going a little loopy. I hardly got out of the apartment at all during the 4 days I was working on it. I realized i had problems when I was flying it around and making piston engine noises instead of jet noises. I knew if I did the landing gear I would go nuts and so I resorted to threats in an attempt to save what was left of my sanity, though the comment about corsairs did nudge me a little closer to the edge. John, If the Sea Harrier is driving you nuts don't come near this one! Honestly the way its designed covers up alot of the fit issues once you get near the end of the build, except around the tail pipes. That whole area back there is poorly designed and there is a lot of white areas where there was simply nothing designed to cover them. I think Bohdan was hoping the tall fins would obscure the area. They do to some extent but it's still a mess. Also if you do buy it talk to me before you build the intakes! Theres a nasty little problem there.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
I see a little political education is in order, Comrade Will.....

This beautifull airplane would be piloted by Jan, not Ivan. After all, it has Polish airforce insignia on the wings
I was wondering what nation those belonged to. But still I'm sure that the ferry pilot was Russian, or maybe an adviser to the Polish Air Force was assigned to the plane.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I was thinking about a parallel MM armour build - looked at the T-34 from 1996 - then saw "Autor - Bohdan Wasiak" on the T-34 description page - thanks for the warning - I'll keep looking.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 AM

Fiddly little bits

I've been doing the tiny little parts which I don't ever do. The missile rails were interesting. There are 2 stubs between each rail and the wing, the front stub on each side was fully 1/8" too tall and had to be trimmed down. The missiles themselves are the AA-10 Alamo and are decently represented and checking internet sources I'd say are fairly close to the correct size. Not having the landing gear on is presenting a problem as the missiles hang down below the bottom of the plane and so I can't set the plane on it's belly without bending the missile fins. Might have to build a stand for it.
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest MM Mig-29 1:33-2.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest MM Mig-29 1:33-3.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest MM Mig-29 1:33-1.jpg  

Google Adsense