PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-29-2008, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
You can't miss with a Dremel....I recently inherited my Dad's, which I remember him working with in the very early 1950s....and it is still working great, but could stand a new set of brushes. However, if a Dremel is a bit too pricy at the moment, consider picking up one of the many Dremel knock-offs available at the discount stores. I recommend you avoid the cheapie battery-powered ones. You also need to check out the pinebox derby displays and see if you can find a wheel-turning mandrel. I found mine at Michaels.

Dang, just noticed you are an Aussie, so likely won't have access to pineb0x derby stuff. If you need some assistance getting a decent wheel mandrel, give me a pm. We might be able to work out a deal (particularly since I notice Commodore Amiga stuff on Ebay lots cheaper than can be obtained here).

Last edited by Darwin; 01-29-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sorry about the late update, but a bout of illness and work pressures really put a dampener on my hobby modelling. (I did the rest of the model this afternoon.)
The final bits went together fairly easily, except for the cowling. The size and fit was a bit rough, especially the cowling side farings. I ended up having to use some scrap card to redo them as the shape was totally wrong.

I doubt I will get the time to add the rigging before the end of the competition, so you can consider this finished.

(When I get the opportunity I will complete the model and post the final pics!! )
Thanks for an excellent competition that has been heaps of fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz - Fokker E. III-eiii1.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz - Fokker E. III-eiii2.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz - Fokker E. III-eiii3.jpg  
Old 03-16-2008, 04:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It looks great, Shaun! Congratulations!

Your pretty Eindekker was the first thing I saw this morning and will serve as an inspiration to me as I get back to work on my somewhat lumpy Hampden.

Don
Old 03-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Nice looking model! Good job!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:48 AM

Great finish!
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2008, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Congrats on completing! Very nice looking model!
Chris