PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 02-25-2018, 07:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I couldn't care less for a person who joins only to ask for something,
and doesn't even says hello, and who most probably will never
come back to the forum to contribute anything to the community.

There should be a filter for members to prevent them from asking
before X amount of posts are made.

The Josef papercraft was deleted either because Amanita Design
asked the file to be removed, or because the designer deleted it
on his own volition, or because they left the 4shared account to
go inactive and deleted.

In any case, methinks since it is no longer available, any re-distribution
without the designer's permission may fall in the grey mudlands of piracy.
So better be safe than sorry and keep the files for yourself if you were
lucky enough to got them in its time. If you didn't get it back then, well,
bad luck.

Regards,

Old 02-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Well said gentlemen!

"grey mudlands of piracy" I love your descriptions Ruben.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.94 MB
Well... First of all i'm sorry. You are right about almost everything you said. Now let me explain my horrible and rude behavior. I've never been a part of a forum community, i dont even know exactly how ti works. I really wanted this model and i searched a lot for it and i got so frustrated that i couldnt find it. My last resort was someone who has it to sent it to me so i searched for forums and i find this one. Honestly i thought it was dead and i saw that another guy asked for it and none replied that he sent it to him so i assumed there is no hope here either but i tried anyways. I didnt know i have to say hello and all that stuff and im sorry. To be honest sicne this community is not dead i would happily join in, "contribute" to it with what i can which isnt much i suppose. I dont know about modeling, im not making templates of any kind, the only thing i have done until now is correct,modify, increase quality some templates from other people, not much but could save time if someone is interested. I would happily offer them if you wanted, but i dont think anyone would be interested, just like i said its not much. Anyway i dont mind being an active member if you want me, i have some expirience with papercraft, but i have time to get better thats sure. i didnt even know papercrafts were still a think, i did them years ago and now that i came back to them, it all seems dead. Maybe im wrong like in this forum. So about this, again, i am sorry, you are right i was rude but you were wrong about me not comign back etc. I already got the model and BIG THANKS to the mate who sent it to me it means a lot. And that leads us to the other thing. As i read in this very forum, this model had the logo of the game without the original creator of the game even knowing its existance. That itself "goes against" the copyright. Im not saying its wrong, i mean there are hundrends of papercrafts unlicenced on the internet. We just make them and have them on our shelfs, this isnt so bad. Now if someone is SELLING the models without having permission from the original maker then it becomes a bigger problem but its for the seller for us. The last case which isnt this one is giving away for free templates that someone liggaly is making and selling, yes thats bad and i wouldnt as for payed templates. The creator of this model, created it witout permission and gave it away for free, and then vanished. Its NOT bad to have this model, its not bad to give it to someone who wants it because the MAKER gave it away for free and the maker of the game doesnt seem to give a shit. None is selling in all of this so its fine. Its not 100% fine but if you do papercraft im sure yu have at least one model of some brand (pokemon,star wars etc) that you got for free from someone who made it to give it to people for free. I may agree to you that i shouldnt got the model because i "dont deserve it". You made your choice, he made his. He made me happy and i would love to make someone else happy the same way. None's getting harmed by giving away this model. So again im sorry for asking like this, if you want me here, ill be glad to stay
Old 02-25-2018, 07:13 PM

Sorry for my english btw. I have to add that a. if your friend wanted it, you would give it to him EVEN if you had payed for it, so dont act like you care so much about piracy and b. Do you really thing a newcomer will have Material to post? Really? Someone new joins the forum, propably isnt a veteran papercraft maker so maybe he isnt already making his own models? So i cant post models for you -> i cant ask for anything because of that? Also just like i said IM NEW HERE, i dont know how it works, what am i suppose to post? I can post pictures of my papercrafts, but im pretty sure you dont care about seeing them and thats fine. It was wrong for me to ask like this, but please if you can, be more friendly to newcomers. Say what you said to me but calmly, give me advice, tell me how this works, you see than im not en axpert in this, why dont you help me at least to join this community instead of turning me out. Just like i said, i already got the model, i could just ignore you and never come back like you said, but thats not my purpose, ye smy purpose in the start was getting the model beccause that lead me here in the first place, is it too diffucult to introduce me to this place and explain calmly why it isnt right to just ask for models like this? Just sayin...
Old 02-25-2018, 07:20 PM

"Remember the Uhu arguments?

I won't suggest the Wayback machine, because I don't like it.
...but its one method to find old websites and old freebies."

I honestly have no idea what youre talking about :P
Wanna tell me about it? To have a little talk and get to know each other like you said :D

"But it requires you do the work...not just show up here and request someone send you free stuff.
Look for it yourself!"

I searched for it everywhere! Its easier to search than to create an account/verify email and ask a forum believe me :P and i did both.

[at least he said please]

Quite a gentleman arent i? :P
Google Adsense
Old 02-25-2018, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdarth View Post
Sorry for my english btw.
Just sayin...
If you had cared a bit in looking around this forum, you probably had seen this section: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/welcome-desk/

Do not judge the whole forum only by a couple of answers you got here.
If you go through that section and read carefully, you can see how members of this forum treat those newcomers who say hi.
And how we are always glad to guide those who introduce themselves through the forum to satisfy their needs.

Even a simple "hello" opens many doors.

And you will also note how some of them indeed had things to share even from their very post. Even if their first kits are far from perfect, most of the people here is always interested in seeing them. That is much better than seeing nothing at all. Do not assume we don't want to see your first efforts on the craft, or that we will judge them unworthy. So far, it has never happened here. And I mean Never.

You can expect people to throw crap at you for your skills on modelling at 4chan's /po/. But never here. Here things are very different.

And again, in the Welcome subforum you will see many examples of that... If you just had taken the time to look around you would have found that more often than not, veteran members here are willing to advice newcomers on how to improve their first steps if they show their first builds.

You will also find in-depth discussions about copyright, free models, availability, selling kits, and related matters in several subsections of this forum. Just read, and you will get to know how things are in this community. And will probably understand why my answer, and why other people's remarks.

On that regard, keep in mind that if you "correct,modify, increase quality some templates from other people", you can do it for yourself. But if you don't have the author's explicit permission to redistribute them (giving them to any other person), it is advised you don't share them. That's basic ethics of this hobby.

Quote:
I have to add that a. if your friend wanted it, you would give it to him EVEN if you had payed for it, so dont act like you care so much about piracy
Do not assume things. Never.
Unless you have definite proof of something, never throw such claims. You don't know the people here and you can not think for any of us, or guess what any of us would do in private or in public. Because I DO care. And many of us really care too.

Why should I give for free something that I paid for? Or a copy of something I own? That's plainly stupid. I don't want to lose my money or diminish the value of the object I bought. And it doesn't help the industry a bit.

From your posts I could guess you are a young person, and a novice in this hobby. Don't know where you come from, or what other places you have visited. Maybe 4chan? Maybe other forums?

I may be right or I may be wrong assuming that. In any case, it is always good to have new people coming here, and discussing about the hobby, and sharing experiences.

But...
Quote:
if you want me here, ill be glad to stay
Everyone is free to act thew way they like.
If you wish to stay, it is your decision, and yours alone.
If you wish to leave and never come back, it is also your decision, and yours alone.
Do not throw any kind of responsibility or blame for your stay or departure on anyone. It is you and you alone who have the login and password to use them to come back, or to not use them anymore.

Regards,

Old 02-25-2018, 08:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Well-said Ruben. Well-said.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Alex, I am guessing that is your name, I hope you stay and learn more about the forum. We could all do with the occasional chill pill and a cup of good coffee. As for the rest, I hope I die before I stop learning/being inquisitive about everything. The small child forever asking "why"? is going strong and on song in me for as long as I can make it.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:18 PM

Ok you are right. It was bad to assume that the forum is dead (which is why i didnt bother looking around). I already apologized for not even saying hello. Also about giving the model to a friend, ok maybe a paid version was too much, but at least as i think, almost anyone would give this model which was free to a close friend if he didnt have any other way of getting it, but you are right, i assume things and i shouldnt. Also for the forums just like i said, i have never joined any forum. i dont know how they work (example: how do i quote a message? It doesnt let me tick the box :P ) i just look around sites for models, paper-replica/deleted pirate site name usually have everything and they redirect me to the author's site. I really didnt think people still do papercrafts, i dont know why, i just assumed :P ofcourse im free to do what i want and i dont blame you in any case but i mean, the purpose of staying here is to be part of this community and have fun and converzations with the other members. If the other members dislike me because of what happened, there isnt a reason for me to stay if thats not the case and i can be forgiven i would love to :D Ok its a little dramatic but you get the point, i dont always find the right english words to express what i want to say :P Anyways thank you for speaking to me and sorry again for what happened and for my little angry tone on my replies.

Last edited by elliott; 02-26-2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: You didn't know so no harm, no foul
Old 02-26-2018, 02:32 PM

Oh and about "correct,modify, increase quality some templates from other people". I am wondering about that and what you said because lets take an exaple: There are these papercraft models from the game Castle Crashers that this guy made https://crzisme.deviantart.com/art/C...t-RED-98644656
and other people took them as templates and made more characters like this https://slipknotfreak54.deviantart.c...Jake-309319590
some credited the original author but most of them dont.
So there are the creators of the game, they own it. There is this guy who creates papercraft models based on their game. And there are these other guys who take the template and do their own papercrafts based on the game. The art they use is either their own drawing or taking pictures and moifying via photoshop as im guessing. Either way its based on the game. Do you consider that wrong? Would you make any of these papercrafts or consider them piracy or whatever? I mean On devianart you find art andf many times its based on something. You consider All of it illegal or only the papercrafts? And if you consider only the papercrafts illigal why is that? i find it a little naive, just like i said on my other replies none's getting harmed by this... im talking about this case, do you consider a. the maker of the templates wrong, the other guys who do their art on its own model wrong? Its all simple stuff, simple model, simple art of a simple game, its hard for me to consider any of it wrong honeslt. What i did is take two of them and have them in one paper so you use less paper and also impove their qualitty so you dont see the pixles because some of these 'artists" were lazy af. tell me your opinion on that.
Google Adsense