PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the guide and the pictures, and I loved the way the model end it up for you! =) Im trying to build this model for my boyfriend, as I introduced him to the game and he really enjoyed it. I already assembled the head, arms, legs, eyes, and top of the head, just missing fingers, that are PRETTY difficult, and I would like if you could give me a more detailed description or guide of how you constructed the moving parts of the body. I read you put some extra stripes, and I looked carefully at the pic but I cant really figure out how you really made them individually and how you got them together, if you could tell me that I'd totally apreciate it. You can give me the instructions in spanish if its easier for you 'cause Im from Argentina, so whatever language you choose, english or spanish is ok, just'd love to get the instructions. Thanks!!!

Saludos desde Argentina!! =)

Kisses!

Paulii
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofDarkness View Post
Thanks for the guide and the pictures, and I loved the way the model end it up for you! =) Im trying to build this model for my boyfriend, as I introduced him to the game and he really enjoyed it. I already assembled the head, arms, legs, eyes, and top of the head, just missing fingers, that are PRETTY difficult, and I would like if you could give me a more detailed description or guide of how you constructed the moving parts of the body. I read you put some extra stripes, and I looked carefully at the pic but I cant really figure out how you really made them individually and how you got them together, if you could tell me that I'd totally apreciate it. You can give me the instructions in spanish if its easier for you 'cause Im from Argentina, so whatever language you choose, english or spanish is ok, just'd love to get the instructions. Thanks!!!

Saludos desde Argentina!! =)

Kisses!

Paulii

Hola Pauli, disculpa por la demora. Pero espero que lo siguiente te sirva. Como puede ser de interés para otras personas, también escribiré en inglés.

Hi Pauli. I'm sorry for the delay. Since this may be of interest to others, I'll write in both languages. )

Since the original instructions are not clear, assembling the main body may be difficult. I decided to use strips on the borders of the circles. Some are glued inside, and some other outside, as you can see in this photos:

Como las instrucciones originales no eran muy claras, ensamblar el cuerpo principal puede ser complicado. Decidí usar tiras delgadas de papel en los bordes de los circulos, algunas adentro y otras afuera, como se ve en las fotos:

Josef the Robot (Machinarium)-machi_19.jpg Josef the Robot (Machinarium)-machi_20.jpg

To better understand where to glue the strips, I made this diagram. I hope it explains clearly where the strips go. This way the parts assemble neatly, and the body is able to move shrink/expand.

Para entender mejor dónde pegar las tiras, hice este diagrama, que confio en que explique claramente. Al pegar las tiras en esos bordes, el cuerpo queda bien ensamblado, y con la posibilidad de expanderse/contraerse.

Josef the Robot (Machinarium)-machi_21.jpg

I hope this is useful

Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Gracias RubenAndres, de todas maneras no me aguante a tu respuesta y lo hice a mi manera jaja, de todas formas esta info es muy buena para todo el resto de la gente, y ademas quedo mejor explicado, yo lo hice solo agregando una solapa en los dos anillos q solo tenian 1 y luego doble una para adentro y otra para afuera dependiendo de loo q necesitaba, quedo bastante bien igual y tb se expande y contrae! =)
de todas maneras gracias por la info y la respuesta fue rapida, solo q yo queria regalarselo a mi novio rapido y no me aguantaba esperar jaja! =)

Paulii
Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 AM

Nice model.

I really like the base. I think more fictional subjects could include these kinds of extras. An idea for all you designers out there.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi Ruben:
Nice building and good navigation warnings.
I have printed this model a while ago, but noticed that there some tricky steps.
The 12 hours argument is very convincing...
Maybe i'll give it a try. I don't have much patience for long projects.
The final assembly on the base is very interesting.
rgds
Carlos
Google Adsense
Old 04-27-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos filipe View Post
Hi Ruben:
Nice building and good navigation warnings.
I have printed this model a while ago, but noticed that there some tricky steps.
The 12 hours argument is very convincing...
Maybe i'll give it a try. I don't have much patience for long projects.
The final assembly on the base is very interesting.
rgds
Carlos
Oh, don't worry much about the model Carlos!
It was my first robot, and I was not in my best shape when I built that, and I know I could have made it faster.
12 hours for me but I'm sure it could be faster for others

Nounboy: I agree on that. Some extra stuff is always welcome, it adds a lot to the model itself!

Princesa de la oscuridad: gracias por tus palabras. Este tipo de figuras es muy atractivo, y si tu novio es fan del juego no dudo que le habrá encantado!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Que buen modelo rúben, oye este robot donde se compra?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendraón View Post
Que buen modelo rúben, oye este robot donde se compra?
Gracias por tus palabras

El modelo es gratuito desde modelgradas:
http://www.modelgradas.com/

Old 07-22-2011, 05:49 AM

Sorry, but somehow, i've failed to do the body part... just can't figure it how to fold the white part... can you explain more about to put the additional ring in what and where? thanks...
Old 11-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Thanks alot for the great instructions!! :-) Now I can finally finish this thing lol
Google Adsense