PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 02-03-2015, 05:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 173.93 MB
It sounds like you Son-in-law could be a handy man to know.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Very much so, Alan...I just have to take the time to scan and convert the model parts into compatible file formats...

In the meantime I have started on the lasercut formers for the BV P.210...they look good at first but, as designed, are unbuildable so I have to modify them as I go...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-01-2019, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Now that we are getting comfortable in our new home, I’m slowly getting back into modelling…conscious of Scale Model Expo looming on the horizon of the second quarter of 2020…

The DKM Koln turret that was originally going to be the base for a build in the UAMF Large Scale Planes GB in 2017 is underway again. Because of its size and being the most recent model I had worked on before The Big Move, it has been near the surface throughout the saga…

Here is how the turret looks last time you would have seen it – new members may have to scroll back to around page 16 to catch up – with the main structures complete and waiting for final surfacing.

I was tossing up whether to submit to AMS and install some indicative breech mechanisms but (so far) have managed to suppress these urges…

A couple of nights ago, having finally set up the big TV and cleared the portable off the coffee table, I had enough clear space to re-establish a work space. On a life support trip to Taupo, I scored a tube of thick black poster paint and used this to darken the interior to reduce any appearance of emptiness.

Images of the Koln while she carried the helicopter landing pad show the turret with and without the canvas covers over the barrel slots so it is possible that I will add these and make the whole interior issue go away…
Old 11-02-2019, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 173.93 MB
Great to see you back.

Regards Splash