PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > In Other News

Old 03-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
NASA and the ISS

Of late I have become hocked on watching the views from the ISS. That's when there is no blue screen meaning there is not ISS to ground coverage or they are working on the system. Once in a while they talk back and forth. I have never seen a sunset like the ones from the ISS. Yesterday I got to see the Soyuz un-dock and leave the ISS for home. It's hard for me to believe that 3 large guys fit into that. I can't begin to understand what the ride was like.

Unpacking Cargo from Expedition 38 Soyuz Landing
Engineers document cargo as it is unloaded from the Soyuz TMA-10M spacecraft after it landed with Expedition 38 Commander Oleg Kotov of the Russian Federal Space Agency, Roscosmos, and Flight Engineers: Mike Hopkins of NASA, and, Sergey Ryazanskiy of Roscosmos, near the town of Zhezkazgan, Kazakhstan on Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Hopkins, Kotov and Ryazanskiy returned to Earth after five and a half months onboard the International Space Station where they served as members of the Expedition 37 and 38 crews.
Image Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls

Last edited by rickstef; 03-12-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-11-2014, 04:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Cool thanks.......Rich
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
I didn't remove the photo. I don't know what happen to it. Sorry. wc

Unpacking Cargo from Expedition 38 Soyuz Landing
http://www.nasa.gov/content/unpacking-cargo-from-expedition-38-soyuz-landing/#.UyCyg4VKNpY

Last edited by Wad Cutter; 03-12-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Eternal Member

Nasa

This week I had a real treat. I got to see a live launch of the Space-X3 /Dragon. Dragon was carrying 2.5 ton of supplies needed for the ISS and got to see a re-play of the docking of the Dragon. As the rocket launched NASA kept switching the views around as the rocket got higher and faster and got to see each stage fall away with all kinds of different views and then what Dragon was in low Earth orbit the solar wing were deployed with the Earth in the back ground. To me this was amazing. The first stage of this rocket landed vertically in the ocean and was later recovered. Once they are sure this works, there stages will land vertically on the land and then be refurbished. This will cut down the turn around time and the cost. This Wed there will be a Live EVA to replaced a piece of equipment that just failed and they were waiting for the Dragon for this part.
NASA TV coverage of the April 23 spacewalk will begin at 8:30 a.m. The spacewalk is scheduled to begin at 9:20 a.m. EST.
To replace a backup multiplexer-demultiplexer (MDM) that failed during routine testing April 11.
NASA Livehttp://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
http://www.nasa.gov/
I'll be there right up front center. wc